Located within the Elanco Animal Health US Common Operations Team, the purpose of the position is to serve as a technical and product support resource for Elanco’s customer base. Other product support activities and initiatives will also be handled and/or managed by the Veterinary Technician Team, including occasional attendance and support at local and/or regional veterinary meetings, as needed, which will require travel on a limited basis.
- An attitude of exceptional customer service in all aspects of job execution, across all customer types.
- Understanding of proficiency of the roles of veterinary technicians in the hospital environment, as a direct result of previous training and clinical practice experience.
- Ability to learn and demonstrate satisfactory knowledge of the regulatory, quality and compliance requirements associated with daily execution of the role.
- Able to understand the importance of deadlines related to all aspects of product support from both the regulatory / quality and customer service aspects of adverse event and/or product complaint investigations, and an ability manage them accordingly.
- Able to work effectively with internal and external customers, with feedback supportive of the other responsibilities listed for the role.
- Ability to present to and train others on materials related to providing exceptional technical support and service.
Elanco is a global research-based company that develops and delivers product and services to enhance animal health and production. We value innovation, both in scientific research and daily operations, and strive to cultivate a collaborative work environment for more than 7,000 employees worldwide. Founded in 1954, Elanco is a division of Lilly. Our worldwide headquarters and research facilities are in Greenfield, Indiana.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 2 years of clinical experience as a veterinary technician in private, corporate or academic veterinary medicine is required.
- Completion of Post Offer Exam, Completion of Work Simulation or Completion of Administrative Skills Testing if applicable.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
- Additional clinical experience and/or a degree from an accredited veterinary technician school is preferred, but not required.
- Previous experience as a technical support resource within a regulated veterinary call centre environment is highly preferred.
- Interest and aptitude focused on companion animal product support
- Experience in the set up and/or maintenance of a call center environment
- Considers customer service and regulatory compliance as top priorities and able to execute top tier service in support of both.
- Ability to ask appropriate questions to determine and capture all clinically relevant data from reports received.
- Ability to meet pre-defined goals, as established with supervisor.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, including basic conflict resolution with unhappy customers.
- Ability to interact effectively with TACS staff and other departments, as required
- Ability to establish and meet project deadlines