Statistical Data Analytics Specialist
Join a Team that Lives to Improve Lives
People come to Genentech from across disciplines and across the world to solve our most challenging medical conditions. You’ll find inspiration in our passion for biotechnology, our purpose to positively impact the lives of millions of patients and our dedication to our people. Joining Genentech means being part of a tradition of inquiry that will change the world. It means embracing our failures as much as our successes. It requires a willingness to look beyond the edge of what's possible. And a focus on doing the day-to-day work that makes great science happen.
The following opportunity exists in our South San Francisco, CA headquarters:
Statistical Data Analytics Specialist
Considering local candidates only.
As a Statistical Data Analytics Specialist, you will use advanced analytics to work with clinical trial data to support Pharma Development early drug development organizations to generate new evidence and insights on medicines that support R&D. You will work with peers across multiple organizations including Scientists and Biostatisticians using patient-level data and different biomarker data such as omics. You will need strong strategic, collaboration and communication skills, as well as an entrepreneurial mindset, to transform the clinical data using analytics to develop and deliver medicines for our patients.
- Develop approaches to meet analytics exploratory analysis selecting fit for purpose visualizations and methodologies across and within compound studies
- Use statistical methodologies, advanced analytics, interactive data visualization to explore and to analyze data, and to communicate findings
- Explore methodologies and visualizations of the new types of data
Who You Are
- BA, BS or advanced degree in mathematics, statistics, biological sciences, computer science or equivalent experience
- At least 3-5 years or equivalent of programming experience in clinical studies preferably with emphasis in the development and support of the analysis of clinical trial data
- Good foundation in computer science and has strong knowledge in computational statistics including statistical learning.
- Applied significant programming experience with statistical software packages such as SAS, R or Python and statistical and interactive data visualization.
- Uses statistical methodologies, interactive data visualization to explore and to analyze data, and to communicate findings
- Familiarity with regulatory framework and guidelines for pharma products is desired.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to negotiate successfully; strong influencing skills.
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail. Embraces and endorses change.
- Good knowledge of English in a business environment.
A Job with Benefits Beyond the Benefits
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
At Genentech, we share salary ranges with applicants during the recruiting process, if requested. Third party salary estimates may not be accurate or up-to-date.