Research Associate, Neurodegenerative Diseases
Samumed is a pharmaceutical platform company based in San Diego, California, focused on advancing regenerative medicine and oncology applications through research and innovation (www.samumed.com).
Samumed has discovered new targets and biological processes in the Wnt pathway, allowing the company to develop small molecule drugs that have the potential to address numerous degenerative conditions as well as many forms of cancer.
Samumed is currently conducting clinical trials for multiple disease areas, including oncology, osteoarthritis, Alzheimer’s disease, androgenetic alopecia, psoriasis, and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, and it has a broad pipeline targeting areas of significant unmet medical need.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
Samumed is looking for a highly motivated Research Associate to join its Neurodegenerative Diseases team. Specific responsibilities of the position include:
- Performing and coordinating in vitro and in vivo studies to support the Drug Discovery and Neurodegenerative Diseases programs, including (but not limited to) in vivo studies and sample preparation for analysis
- Engaging in data analysis, presenting results, and working collaboratively with others to achieve objectives and timelines
- Efficiently managing scheduling of studies, and managing own time to complete assigned work by due dates
- Providing effective and detail-focused communication and documentation of research results
- Assisting in other related procedures as assigned by the supervisor
- B.S. or M.S. in Neuroscience, or related Biological sciences.
- Some years of industry or academic experience preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in in vivo model handling and techniques (e.g., PO, IV, IP administration, basic surgical techniques)
- Experience in in vivo models of Neurodegenerative Diseases, cognitive behavior, and locomotor testing a plus
- Expertise in Molecular Biology and Biochemistry techniques (e.g., ELISAs, Western Blotting, qPCR) is highly desirable
- Skilled in Cell and Tissue Culture, Histology, and Immunostaining
- Must have strong work ethic, able to multi-task, detail-oriented and enthusiastic for laboratory work
- Must be a team-player, punctual and reliable, dependable and flexible in adapting to change in a multi-disciplinary, fast-paced work environment
- Proficient in Microsoft office (word, excel, powerpoint, outlook) and some statistical programs
- Level will be commensurate with experience
NO phone calls please.