Scientist I/II, Neurodegenerative Diseases
Samumed is a pharmaceutical platform company based in San Diego, California, focused on advancing regenerative medicine and oncology applications through research and innovation (www.samumed.com).
Samumed has discovered new targets and biological processes in the Wnt pathway, allowing the company to develop small molecule drugs that have the potential to address numerous degenerative conditions as well as many forms of cancer.
Samumed is currently conducting clinical trials for multiple disease areas, including oncology, osteoarthritis, Alzheimer’s disease, androgenetic alopecia, psoriasis, and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, and it has a broad pipeline targeting areas of significant unmet medical need.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
Samumed is looking for a highly motivated Scientist to join its Neurodegenerative Diseases team. Specific responsibilities of the position include:
- Designing and executing cell-based assays and in vivo studies to support the characterization of the mode of action and efficacy of novel molecules for CNS applications
- Assist team members in integrative experiments that measure the biological response of in vivo systems to pharmacological modulation
- Develop deep understanding of neurodegenerative disease biology in the context of Samumed Neuroscience priorities using appropriate experimental and analytical approaches
- Outstanding organizational and critical thinking skills
- Engaging in data analysis, presenting results, and working collaboratively with others to achieve objectives and timelines
- Efficiently managing scheduling of studies, and managing own time to complete assigned work by due dates
- MS or PhD with 5+ (MS) or 0+ (PhD) years of experience in Neuroscience, Neuroimmunology or related Biological Science. Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
- Publication record is highly desirable
- Managerial experience is plus but not required
- Broad knowledge of Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Histology and in vitro assay development
- Demonstrated application of mammalian cell culture and associated techniques with an emphasis on primary culture of neuronal cells
· Experience doing surgery, dosing (IP, IV, PO, SC), and tissue harvesting required; experience doing stereotaxic surgery preferred
- Previous research focused on the neurodegenerative disease systems
- Must have strong work ethic, able to multi-task, detail-oriented and enthusiastic for laboratory work
- Must be a team-player, punctual and reliable, dependable and flexible in adapting to change in a multi-disciplinary, fast-paced work environment
- Level will be commensurate with experience
NO phone calls please.