Associate Manager, Supply Chain
Join bluebird bio's enthusiastic and collaborative team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. bluebird bio seeks a patient-focused leader as a Supply Chain Lead for our new facility in North Carolina's Research Triangle. As a single point of accountability for all aspects of supply chain and warehousing, you will have responsibilities for raw material procurement and material flow, management of the site warehouse, and clinical/commercial production planning and scheduling. As part of new facility design, construction, startup, and transition to routine operations, this individual will work with the cross-functional bluebird team, including Global Supply Chain, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Facilities, Manufacturing, Manufacturing Sciences & Technology, Process Development, and Human Resources, to lead raw material procurement, day-to-day logistics operations, and production planning. This position works closely with internal teams and a global network of raw material suppliers to develop executable production plans for manufacture of lentiviral vector (LVV), a critical starting material in our gene therapy platform. Additionally, this role will develop and actively manage supply scenarios and strategies to enable the uninterrupted supply of products to patients. We seek candidates with proven ability to develop talent, successfully lead organizations, and drive cross-functional teamwork. Specifically, we are looking for a leader with a track record of building a safety culture, driving the highest standards of a quality mindset, and ensuring uninterrupted supply for patients. As the facility transitions from a capital project to routine manufacturing, the role will be a key leader in implementing a cross-functional management system, focusing on identifying KPIs, tracking their performance on a daily basis, and rapidly taking action based upon that performance.
About the Role:
About the Role:
- Develop the process for enrollment, procurement, receipt, and delivery of all raw materials at the Research Triangle manufacturing facility.
- Single point of contact for purchasing of raw materials at the Research Triangle manufacturing facility.
- Ensure applicable coverage of raw materials to meet manufacturing plans. Manage raw material flow from procurement, receipt and release.
- Develop, manage and execute cycle count procedures.
- Manage warehouse and logistics operations to support all areas of the Research Triangle site. Build and manage warehouse staff to meet business needs.
- Facilitate and drive cross functional prioritization and coordination with internal teams and external raw material suppliers.
- Support the development and management of Long Range Planning supply strategies.
- Perform and support various supply scenario analyses and assessments to validate business requirements and supply capabilities based on forecasted demand.
- Proactively identify and manage risks associated with meeting production plan and raw material inventory. Develop contingency plans around risks as needed.
- Support the development of processes, procedures, and reporting for Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) and Integrated Business Planning (IBP) processes.
- Refine and actively manage planning data and assumptions to enable accurate raw material procurement and scheduling.
- Develop and refine key production and supply related performance indicators and measurements.
- Support the definition of requirements and processes for the implementation of our Enterprise Resource Planning System (ERP).
- Improve, develop, and implement planning and reporting tools through the use of ERP, MS Excel, Power BI, and other technologies to improve inventory management, production planning, scheduling, and capacity assessments.
- Through meaningful career development planning, challenging assignments, and ongoing coaching, invest in creating the next generation of leaders at bluebird bio.
- Bachelor's Degree is required
- 5+ years of experience working in a related supply chain/planning/manufacturing role is required
- Experience in a GMP environment required
- Experience in overall clinical and or commercial production planning
- Experience managing complex schedules and priorities in dynamic environments is desirable
- APICS CPIM or CSCP Certification preferred
- Expertise in MS Excel and ERP (Oracle) systems
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Driven and self-motivated with the ability to lead and facilitate priorities and activities across cross functional teams
- Agility to quickly adjust and navigate shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence across multiple functions.
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself