Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
To learn more about us, please visit us at http://www.pharmacyclics.com/
General Position Summary/Purpose:
Investigate, identify, develop, and optimize new methods and techniques to generate reliable and reproducible data in a timely manner. Read and adapt scientific literature to accomplish assignments and demonstrate broad and versatile technical expertise within discipline.
Analyze routine and non-routine samples using analytical techniques and interpret data. Participate in the development and validation for methods used for the analysis of novel small molecule therapeutic compounds and their impurities using LC and GC.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
- Independently design and conduct critical experiments that further project goals.
- Interpret results and draw conclusions from own multistage experiments, note significant deviations, then suggest, design, and pursue relevant experiments.
- Implement and may innovate new experimental protocols/techniques.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in his/her field.
- Perform routine and complex tasks competently and independently and generate reliable and consistent results. Impact projects mostly through lab and/or pilot plant based activities.
- Understand the goal and maintain a high proficiency in his/her projects as well as the overall program.
- Understand relevant scientific literature and apply theoretical framework to solving problems within scientific discipline in a timely manner.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials, controlled drug and radioactive compounds, GxP compliance, and animal care where applicable
- Analyze non-routine samples using HPLC, UPLC, and GC including preparation of reagents, samples, operation of instruments, data analysis and interpretation, and notebook documentation.
- Validate analytical methods using HPLC, UPLC, GC, and dissolution.
- Maintain cGMP compliance in the laboratory.
- Bachelor's Degree in chemistry or biochemistry or equivalent education with typically 5 years of experience, or Master's Degree in chemistry or biochemistry or equivalent education with typically two years of experience.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge to carry out the job functions.
- Knowledgeable in cGMP, GLP, and ICH guidelines and documented training in cGMP and GLP regulations
- Extensive experience with HPLC/UPLC/GC instruments using Empower software
- Good computer skills in Excel and Word
- Good verbal and writing communication skills and work independently