Process Science Associate II – Downstream
Let’s Make Things Happen!
Ajinomoto Althea, Inc. is a fully integrated contract development and manufacturing organization providing clinical drug process development and manufacturing services to global biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies.
Althea is a leading expert in aseptic filling of drug product in vials and syringes, and our focused expertise and capabilities make us one of the industry’s top leaders for cGMP microbial fermentation of recombinant proteins and plasmid DNA. In conjunction with these manufacturing operations, Althea offers comprehensive development services including: upstream and downstream process development, complex formulations, lyophilization cycle, analytical development, product release and ICH-compliant stability testing.
Now is an exciting time to join Althea. We have talented people working together to help our clients advance their innovative product pipelines. We believe that people are our greatest asset and we are committed to providing our employees with an environment that fosters personal and professional growth.
Our work atmosphere is fast paced, stimulating and customer focused. Employees take pride in knowing our efforts are helping countless patients for years to come.
Althea is currently seeking a Process Science Associate II – Downstream. This position assists in development, optimization and scale-up of downstream manufacturing processes for large scale plasmid and protein production.
- Designs and conducts experiments with lab notebook/documentation that follow protocols and accurately records procedure and results.
- Optimizes protein and plasmid recovery from microbial cells and culture media and protein refolding; screens chromatography resins; optimizes overall purification process, chromatography, ultrafiltration (UF) and diafiltration conditions; optimizes overall product quality and yield.
- Completes analytical testing for process science experiments and manufacturing investigations.
- Prepares components, media, buffers, and other solutions as needed.
- Performs data analysis and prepares results summaries.
- Prepares reports and project presentations.
- Regular and reliable attendance on a full time basis [or in accordance with posted schedule].
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal and external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
- Embodies Althea’s cultural values and aligns daily actions with department goals and company culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Life Sciences discipline or equivalent required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in protein and plasmid purification.
- Experience and understanding of principles of anion/cation exchange, hydrophobic interaction, multimodal and hydroxyapatite chromatography.
- Understanding of principles and experience with tangential flow filtration (TFF), ultrafiltration (UF) and diafiltration (DF).
- Basic analytical assay experience (SDS PAGE and agarose gel electrophoresis, protein and DNA concentration determinations, immunoassays).
- Adept at experimental design and analysis.
- Protein and/or plasmid manufacturing experience.
If you meet the requirements above, and would like to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.altheacmo.com and click on the "Careers" section. Please be sure to note where you saw our ad posting.
Successful candidate must pass a background check and drug screen as a condition of employment.
We are an EOE dedicated to a diverse work force and Drug Free work environment.
Qualified M/F/D/V candidates are encouraged to apply