Hematology Clinical Account Specialist, Chicago North - CLL
Pharmacyclics, a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE: ABBV), is focused on developing and commercializing innovative small-molecule drugs for the treatment of cancer and immune-mediated diseases. Pharmacyclics' mission is to develop and commercialize novel therapies intended to improve quality of life, increase duration of life and resolve serious unmet medical needs. Pharmacyclics markets IMBRUVICA and has multiple product candidates in clinical development and several preclinical molecules in lead optimization. Pharmacyclics is committed to high standards of ethics, scientific rigor and operational efficiency as it moves each of these programs toward commercialization.
AbbVie is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott Laboratories. AbbVie employs approximately 30,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
Reporting into the Division Manager, the Hematology Clinical Account Specialist will build and implement territory business plans that align with overall brand objectives and business goals. The Hematology Clinical Account Specialist must demonstrate clear and thorough hematology disease state understanding, have established strong and professional relationships with hematologists/oncologists (in private, group practice and hospital settings), nursing and office staff, and all others involved in the oncology patient care continuum. This individual fosters collaboration with peers and extended team network, and contributes to the accomplishments of team goals by sharing knowledge, experience, and information. He or she drives results aligned with brand expectations and the Company mission for the betterment of patients. Responsibilities include building a comprehensive strategic business plan with specific, measurable objectives and action-oriented strategies in accordance with regional and national goals. This includes responsible resource allocation, a commitment to good operating principles and compliant, high ethical standards.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet/exceed sales quota through complete territory analysis and business planning, customer and patient focus efforts, follow up and pull through.
- Create business plans that align with brand objectives, placing resources and leveraging business partners to maximize access and field sales opportunities.
- Execute sales and marketing strategies within the territory, conducting sales calls to hematologists/oncologists and other key customers supporting patient care.
- Effectively communicate approved therapeutic, disease state and product information to customers, successfully promoting product use and awareness in the territory. Deliver approved message, leverage data and provided sales resources, aligning with brand message and company mission.
- Communicate regularly with Division Manager, Marketing, Sales Training and co-promotion peers, to collaborate, share knowledge, resources, successes and challenges, with the greater goal of achieving customer expectations and total brand success.
- Complete business plans, expense reports and all required administrative reports timely and as requested. Maintain all customer information in sales database and update daily.
- Attend sales meetings, training programs and medical conventions as requested.
- Provide customer service to oncology organizations, teaching institutions, physicians, nursing and administrative staff as needed, with urgency. Comply with all laws, regulations and company policies.
- Initial responsibilities will include preparation for hematology product launch. Activities include home study, training and a national launch meeting.
- 5+ years Oncology sales experience. Hematology experience is highly preferred.
- Exceptional track record of success and exceeding sales expectations.
- Strong collaboration skills and team work required. Recognized by peers as a leader.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous account management or other Managed Care experience is a plus.
- Prior marketing, sales training or other developmental role is a plus.
- Prior oncology product launch experience is valued.
- In addition to passing Pharmacyclic's background check, the employee must submit to and pass additional background screening as required by some institutions and health facility sales accounts (additional screening requests may include but are not limited to background checks, immunization, TB, HIV, hepatitis, and drug screening)
- Business travel, by air or car, is regularly required
- Bachelors Degree