Resource Allocation Lead - Product and Portfolio Management
Amgen is seeking a Project Manager to serve as the Lead for Resource Allocation, as a key driver to trade-off decisions for Amgen's Product Portfolio to be based out of our Thousand Oaks, CA global headquarters and report to the Director of Project Management.
This highly visible role of Resource Allocation Lead enables and optimizes product and portfolio planning and decision making at Amgen through center-led resource forecasting capability algorithm ownership, to drive the utility of the resource forecasting data within the Product and Portfolio (PPM) platform using Planisware and other systems and tools.
Responsibilities of the Resource Allocation Lead include:
- Drives the capabilities within PPM and our strategy of resource forecasting and allocation for all programs in the product portfolio to ensure insights for trade-off decisions
- Carries responsibility as the central point of contact for resource forecasting algorithm development and management using Planisware
- Partners with Amgen functions to design strategies and best practices for resource forecasting capabilities leveraging extensive internal client-facing experience
- Creates and maintains algorithms leveraging a deep knowledge of algorithm syntax used by Planisware
- Manages lifecycle of the Algorithms - create/update/retire, complex Styles and Portfolios
- Owns process and steps that enable (ex. Batch loads) the import/export of drivers
- Troubleshoots business user issues (study algo code, named functions and PEX report logic) and facilitate issue resolution with IS partners
- Documents and liaises with IS on design specifications to create new attributes to be used by algorithms
- Creates and maintains adhoc and standard reports, along with the maintenance of existing PEX reports
- Creates user attributes/named formulas to support reporting (i.e., PEX reports) add/or logic required in styles
Master's degree and 2 years of Resource Forecasting and/or Algorithms experience
Bachelor's degree and 4 years of Resource Forecasting and/or Algorithms experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of Resource Forecasting and/or Algorithms experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Resource Forecasting and/or Algorithms experience
- Team Player that understands the importance of people, process and technology within a capability
- Cross-functional understanding of R&D Operations, the connection points between functions, and the key roles involved in R&D project execution
- Understand the Planning and Resource Forecasting Tool Planisware and how the two capabilities are used in combination, to address requirements appropriately
- Deep knowledge of the Planisware data model and how the different elements are used by an Algorithm; balance in how to use the Activity Types, Roles and attributes (and potentially named formulas when required)
- Drug Development knowledge with basic to strong understanding of other functions relevant to the position which may include: Research, Preclinical, Clinical, Manufacturing, Commercial and Regulatory
- Proven record of implementing Project Management tools, methodologies, practices and infrastructure, as related to the Biopharmaceutical Industry
- Informed with current biopharmaceutical industry knowledge, news and trends and ability to apply to programs
- 2 years' consulting experience
- Independent, motivated, team member with experience in a matrix environment
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.