Scientist/Sr. Scientist Biology - Antibody Engineering
Pliant Therapeutics is an early stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for fibrotic diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders, Pliant is raising the bar for progress to meet unmet medical needs for patients and physicians. The company’s focus is on mechanism-based intervention in the fibrotic process using small molecules. The Company is seeking passionate, creative and dedicated scientists to join our team and contribute to our mission.
Immediate openings are available for Scientists/Sr. Scientists with experience in the fibrosis/inflammation area. Experience in cell signaling and previous research industry experience in drug development is a plus. This individual will join a dynamic and growing multidisciplinary team focused on discovery and advancement of new drug candidates and disease biomarkers. The primary responsibility of this position will be related to the field of fibrosis, notably in the discovery of novel signaling pathways.
- Plan and execute experiments related to the evaluation of novel targets and signaling pathways.
- Make detailed observations, record and analyze data.
- Troubleshoot experiments.
- Advance drug discovery programs by interacting with other biologists, chemists and external collaborators.
- Contribute effectively to patent, report and scientific publication writing.
- May have the opportunity to manage one or more Research Associates.
- PhD. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Structural Biology, or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in antibody engineering, preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Experienced in antibody humanization and maturation.
- In-depth knowledge of state-of-the-art technologies and methods for design and optimization of antibody and antibody-based therapeutics.
- Hands-on experiences with phage-display, yeast-display, and/or antibody engineering are required
- Strong molecular biology skills
- High level of creativity and productivity with strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to champion the biology efforts into new directions to achieve project milestones.
- Strong evidence of conceptual thinking, active follow through and vigorous scientific curiosity.
- Proven ability to work well with others in a dynamic and highly collaborative environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills