East Coast Account Manager
Who We Are
Are you looking to disrupt the drug development process while leveraging automation, custom hardware and sensors, deep learning and big data? Yes? Here’s the chance for you to make this a reality. Vium empowers biomedical investigators with technology that accelerates the preclinical drug discovery and development pipeline. Researchers can design, run, and analyze experiments that rapidly surface insights and high volumes of quality data. The platform improves the speed and reproducibility of preclinical research so that it is more predictive of how drugs perform in humans. The result is that better therapies get moved more quickly to patients who need them. Founded in 2013, we have a proven product, an awesome team, happy clients, smart investors and advisors, and plans to double in 2018 and beyond.
The amazing things you will do:
Vium is seeking an experienced Account Manager to join our new US field sales team as the East Coast Account Manager. You will represent Vium’s innovative Digital Vivarium platform to key decision makers in pharmaceutical and biotech companies.
This is a brand-new role in the company reporting directly to the VP of Sales.
The Account Manager will be responsible for driving new product adoption and sales growth for Vium’s exciting in vivo platform products and services at accounts within their assigned territory including pharmaceutical, biotech companies, academic, government and life science research institutes. Vium’s digital vivarium technology is bringing innovation to in vivo testing improving scientific insights, productivity, and cost savings to the drug discovery and safety assessment phases of the drug development life cycle. The Account Manager will be leading customer interactions and helping to drive business at accounts by understanding client’s needs and interacting with key decision makers in: safety assessment and drug discovery science; comparative and veterinary medicine; laboratory animal science and finance & procurement.
Candidates must show a proven track record of demonstrable sales results over multiple years within the life science space.
This role will be based on the US East Coast with a strong focus on the pharmaceutical and biotech clusters in New England and Mid-Atlantic States.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Directly selling Vium products by traveling to client sites, Vium sites and scientific conferences
- Account planning, targeting and reporting (strategic accounts)
- CRM activity reporting, competitive intelligence gathering and sharing
- Sales forecasting
- Demonstrable experience selling complex technical products and services
- Ability to navigate and network with complex decision-making units in large accounts
- Strong strategic account management know-how and evidence of strong results
- Self-starter/gets it done: strong work ethic, dependable, optimizes face time with clients
- Results oriented: takes pride in delivering sustained results, tenacious competitor
- Confronts constructively: challenges the status quo, win-win negotiator, client champion
- Builds trust relationships with both external and internal stakeholders
What we expect you to bring to the team
- A can-do attitude who has the ability to build internal and external relationships and partnerships
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, and the ability to influence at all levels and in various departments
- Experience to research and understand primary user needs and guide product development team to ensure that user needs are being met
- A track record of success working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Your ability to work in cross-functional teams to drive projects to completion
Education / Experience:
- Biological science degree, BS and/or PhD
- A higher business oriented degree, such as an MBA highly desirable
- At least 5 years’ experience as a field based account executive with successful sales track record
- Experience in selling technically complex products, CRO services or data/information products or services to pre-clinical decision makers would be particularly applicable to this role
We’re a group of talented individuals across multiple disciplines, coming together to help create smarter, and more efficient pre-clinical studies that catalyze accuracy and pave the way to better human health. We:
- Say what we’ll do and then do it! As a growing team, we collaborate between technology and life science.
- Have an attitude of shared responsibility and value building quality into the development process.
- Have a wide range of interests, which is why we’re in this business in the first place.
- Are focused on results more than hours-in-a-chair-at-the-office.
- Have great values and sense of community, while encouraging growth and development.