Research Scientist - Molecular Biology
The candidate will join the Molecular Biology group in the R&D division where focus is on molecular assays development such as nucleic acid isolation, purification, amplification and labeling technologies. We are seeking talented, motivated individuals to join a collaborative effort to enable development of rapid diagnostic tests of several pathogens from various clinical specimens.
The Candidate will:
- Design and optimize chemistry and biological assays related to nucleic acid technologies, transferrable to microfluidic devices.
- Responsible to carry out and participate in assay feasibility, development work and method transfer to other teams as needed.
- Design, execute and document experiments and trouble-shoot to solve problems.
- Prepare data and content for presentations, white papers or other company relevant materials.
- Ph.D. in Microbiology (preferred), or Cellular or Molecular Microbiology or related fields with 5+ years’ experience (academia or industrial) in biology.
- Expertise in nucleic acid extraction and clean up methods from challenging samples
- Expertise in assay design, formulation optimization, and trouble-shooting for nucleic acid amplification (qPCR, isothermal amplification).
- Hands-on experience with qPCR is required, with digital PCR desired.
- Strong background in microbiology and/or host-pathogen interaction and immune response highly desirable.
- Experience in development of clinical diagnostic assays for infectious disease.
- Strong background in bioinformatics tools used for sequence analysis and primer design.
- Strong background in data analysis and statistics is a must, familiarity with DOE software a plus.
- The candidate needs to be creative, self-motivated, an out-of-the-box thinker and be able to take initiati