Temporary Greenhouse Lab Technician
At Synthetic Genomics, Inc., we are dedicated to developing and commercializing genomic-driven solutions to address global challenges. We are currently seeking a Greenhouse Technician to join our fast-growing, dynamic and collaborative team in La Jolla, CA. Under supervision, the Technician will assist the scientific staff in routine support and logistics activities within the Phototrophic Systems Group.
- Prepare growth media and components by following detailed protocols.
- Calibrate and maintain sensor systems.
- Provide clean and sterilized lab materials for experiments.
- Perform routine sample analysis according to standard operating procedures under supervision of scientific leads.
- Maintaining equipment performance and maintenance logs.
- Adhere to a culture of health and safety.
- Use of appropriate judgement for time management.
- High School Diploma or Associates Degree
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Ability to read, write and follow written and verbal instruction.
- Computer usage including Email, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Team-player who works well in a team-orientated environment.
- Ability to work a schedule which may include weekends and overtime.