Senior Research Associate / Associate Scientist, Upstream Process Development
Allakos Inc. is a dynamic clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing first-in-class antibody-based therapeutics to treat allergic and inflammatory diseases.
The company is seeking to recruit a Senior Research Associate / Associate Scientist, Upstream Process Development to join our expanding team. The scope of the position and requirements are described below.
The Senior Research Associate / Associate Scientist will generate monoclonal cell lines suitable for manufacturing and perform cell culture process development for recombinant protein production. The position will also be integral to the establishment of the cell line development platform process at Allakos. The successful candidate effectively executes experiments and clearly communicates the results through internal reports and presentations. This person will work closely with Downstream Process Development, Analytical Development, and Quality Assurance. This position reports to the Associate Director, Upstream Process Development.
- Perform CHO cell line development including transfection, productivity/product quality screening, single cell cloning, cell bank creation, and cell line stability testing
- Execute cell culture process development experiments
- Maintain key lab instrumentation
- Document all work in clearly written and well-organized lab notebooks
- Prepare internal reports
- Analyze and present results in meetings
- Interact with Downstream Process Development, Analytical Development, and Quality Assurance teams
- Senior Research Associate: B.S./M.S. in Chemical Engineering, life sciences or relevant field with 4 years of relevant industry experience for B.S. and 2 years for M.S.
- Associate Scientist: B.S./M.S. in Chemical Engineering, life sciences or relevant field with 6 years of relevant industry experience for B.S. and 4 years for M.S.
- Must have hands-on experience in mammalian cell line development or cell culture process development
- Proficiency with imaging systems for confirming monoclonality, ambr15 microbioreactors, and ForteBio Octet is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills is required
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality results on tight timelines
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and willingness to work in a dynamic and changing corporate environment
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants please send resume to CMCcareers@allakos.com.
Allakos is an equal opportunity employer. Allakos will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.