Senior Specialist, Epidemiology Services
Key Responsibilities Include:
- To understand general to advance epidemiological research techniques in order to apply appropriate methods to answer questions relating to drug safety.
- To be aware of public and private resources and databases relevant to epidemiology for use in data analysis.
- To aid senior managers in study protocol development, questionnaire design and statistical analysis as well as comprehensive literature reviews.
- To manage small well-defined projects and be an effective member of several teams as necessary.
- To provide general epidemiological expertise and assist senior managers on a variety of safety related projects.
- To work with SAS programmers or use analysis tools to execute studies using real world data to generate real world evidence.
- MPH or MS degree in Epidemiology, Health Services Research, Pharmacy Administration, or related field. Ph.D. is preferred.
- With 2-3 years of epidemiology and/or public health experience. Pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred.
- Understand real world data (claims, EMRs, etc.) concepts and structures.
- Proficient with SAS, SQL, or related statistical software or other data analysis tools.
- Knowledge and experience in different therapeutic areas. Oncology experience is preferred