Congress Account Manager
The role of the Business Services Group (BSG) Congress Account Manager (CAM) is to manage Global Congresses through successful project management, planning and delivery, while building strong working relationships with brand teams and medical affairs. This person will own the end-to-end delivery and execution of complex large scale congresses along with other meeting and event activities utilizing standard process and procedures to achieve team satisfaction.
Key Responsibilities Include :
Key Responsibilities Include :
- Communicate to the internal stakeholder the services and value proposition of BSG. Assist internal stakeholders to understand and conform to Abbvie and industry guidelines and standards.
- Participate in the annual planning / budgeting process. Identify all congress activity and provide assistance as required in budgeting for this activity.
- Responsible for the preparation and tracking of budgets, throughout the lifecycle of each congress.
- Identify, quantify and report cost avoidance/savings measures on all congress elements.
- Conduct ongoing Congress/Event Team Meetings. These meetings should be scheduled: Monthly (T-10 to T-7),Bi-Weekly (T-6 to Event Date, Conduct BSG Management Update Meeting.
- After full spectrum of congress and all associated activities have been identified, staffing and resources should be assigned and verified for all housing, venues, F&B, for all associated congress, symposium and ancillary meeting activities.
- Manage creation and management of Micro-sites and event apps.
- Oversee the completion of the invitation and attendee management process per congress and other related congress meetings, including attendee management reporting in Lanyon.
- Travel on-site to conduct site inspections and oversee logistical suppliers and any internal staffing involved in congress activities. Manage all congress requirements and on-site staff.
- Attend client debrief post congress
- Bachelor's Degree in Business preferred/ marketing / Advertising / Hospitality Industry preferred. Equivalent successful industry experience (6 years full time planning) can be considered.
- 7+ years of work experience.
- Ability to manage multiple project deadlines and knowledge of Project Management procedures.
- Strong critical thinking and negotiation skills.
- Highly refined proactive and consultative skills along with attention to detail.
- Ability to set priorities and multitask in fast-paced, multi-project environment, and learn new information quickly.
- Work well as a team player, self-motivated, ability to problem solve independently and in team situation.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products (e.g. CFR 210/211, cGMP) specifically, regulations and standards affecting the promotion of sales and marketing materials/samples and interactions with healthcare professionals
- Good communication/presentation skills, written and verbal and ability to deliver results in a fast paced environment
- Shows high level of initiative and ability to work independently