Director of Research
Director of Research
Glympse Bio is developing an innovative new paradigm to enable noninvasive and predictive monitoring of important human diseases. The company’s technology uses precisely bioengineered sensors that interrogate the body for the presence of disease activity, and then carry the message to a patient’s urine for analysis. Glympse Bio’s platform technology was developed at the Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research at MIT by Dr. Gabe Kwong and Dr. Sangeeta Bhatia. This sensor paradigm has been published in leading scientific journals such as Nature Biotechnology and the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, and broadly covered by the media including The Economist, BBC News, the Boston Globe, TED, and TEDMED.
Glympse Bio recently closed a $22 million Series A financing co-led by Polaris Partners and Arch Ventures to expand its team, initiate clinical studies, and grow its pipeline. The company’s lead program for the diagnosis and monitoring of Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH) is targeted to enter the clinic in early 2019, with multiple follow-on programs in the areas of cancer and infectious disease. Glympse Bio is a fast-paced, high-energy startup fueled by the vision of transforming disease diagnosis and monitoring of human health worldwide.
Glympse Bio is based at LabCentral, a life sciences laboratory incubator in Kendall Square in the heart of the innovation sector in Cambridge, MA. It is in close proximity to prestigious institutions like MIT, Harvard, Broad Institute, Whitehead Institute, and Draper Laboratory. LabCentral is home to 60 startups comprising 200 scientists and entrepreneurs, and offers first-class facility and personnel support for early-stage companies. LabCentral provides an intellectually stimulating and energetic environment to conduct innovative research.
Glympse Bio is looking for an experienced and exceptionally motivated Director of Research to expand a world-class team and lead a multi-disciplinary group of scientists and engineers.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Build a high-performance team and a first-in-class product under a rigorous timeline in an environment that spans a range of scientific and technical disciplines.
- Oversee the Research group in the design, evaluation, and validation of activity sensors across multiple disease programs.
- Work closely with the Chief Scientific Officer to spearhead the creation of entirely new approaches and applications for Glympse’s technology platform.
- Efficiently summarize data and results generated by the Research group for regular discussion and strategic meetings with the Chief Scientific Officer.
- Capture new inventions into patent disclosures and filings to contribute to the company’s intellectual property portfolio.
- Manage and support scientific collaborations with strategic partners, academia, etc.
- Work closely with the Chief Development Officer to accelerate programs into the clinic under strict timelines.
- PhD in bioengineering, chemistry, life sciences, or related fields; candidates without advanced graduate degrees will be considered only with exceptional qualifications.
- 10+ years leading multi-disciplinary technical teams in biotech/pharma/medical device settings.
- Experience with biological target discovery and validation of target mechanism in human diseases.
- Experience leading development of peptide, protein, or engineered platform products for use in humans.
- Experience leading development of preclinical disease models to evaluate lead products.
- Familiarity with computational and machine learning approaches for analyzing transcriptomic and proteomic data, and developing diagnostic classifiers.
- Evidence of creativity and innovation in the areas of drug delivery and/or medical technology development.
- Effective communicator and active listener.
How to apply
Applications should include a resume and cover letter to Glympse Bio at
firstname.lastname@example.org. All questions and inquiries should be directed to the same email
address. Glympse Bio is an Equal Opportunity Employer.