Project Manager II
This position within the biomanufacturing business unit at ABL will perform project scope development, manage cGMP projects, create comprehensive schedules, monitor deliverables and payment milestones, contribute to feasibility assessments and prepare product development plans. This position will be responsible for leading cross-functional project teams involved in process development, cGMP manufacturing, analytical testing and CMC sections. Critical responsibility is for tracking deliverables and is accountable for reporting cost and profitability to ABL executive management along with growing the business with repeat clients.
The main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Oversee all aspects of managing process development and cGMP production projects for viral, mammalian and bacterial based products of clinical application as vaccines and biologics. Prepare weekly/monthly reports, agendas, meeting minutes and presentations. Define, track and maintain accountability for milestones, schedules and timelines. Track and close out action items with team members.
- Develop full-scale project plans/schedules with work breakdown structure. Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path and go/no-go decisions. Support and lead the team through gap analysis, regulatory requirements, market evaluation and economic feasibility of projects.
- Perform risk assessments and propose risk mitigation strategies for the project.
- Manage financial goals by forecasting requirements, tracking annual budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, reporting revenue recognition and communicating financial summaries. Routinely prepare report summaries to update ABL’s Executive Management. Develop costing assumptions for business development.
- Identify areas where subcontractors are required, solicit and review proposals and participate in subcontractor selection. Manage subcontractors.
- Communicate all project issues/needs to assigned Principal Investigators and client/stakeholders. Provide frequent presentations on project status to executive management.
- Ensure that project priorities and decisions are communicated, are consistent between teams, and support the overall program.
- Utilize ERP to record, track and report project status to Executive management.
- Contribute to internal initiatives for continuous improvement of ABL business processes and project delivery and profitability. Change management and training of colleagues within and outside the department is expected for improved performance on projects.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE JOB:
- Minimum of 2 years in a project management role. BS/MS in a scientific related field of study or equivalent.
- Proven aptitude for project management tools. Project Management Certification a plus.
- Outstanding demonstrated interpersonal skills a must (both written and oral).
- Strong preference for candidates with direct experience at a Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO) that offers GMP and process development services.
- Experience with managing and overseeing subcontractors preferred.
- Ideal candidate will have experience managing financial goals by forecasting requirements, tracking annual budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, reporting revenue recognition, preparing technical progress reports and communicating financial summaries.
- Proficiency using project management tools to oversee all elements of project lifecycle including scheduling/planning, meeting coordination, tracking of deliverables, reporting to stakeholders and risk mitigation.
- Proven multi-tasking skills to be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously; ability to motivate teams and work within aggressive timelines collaboratively with cross-functional departments.
- Proven and demonstrated computer (PC) and software skills including MS Office Suite programs, Internet, email systems a must. Experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a strong contributor in a team environment and able to interact with all echelons of management and staff.
- Must be detail-oriented, dependable, motivated, ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Candidate must meet all the requirements of our Company Occupational Health program as directed by the Occupational Health Consultant to include pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Candidates are encouraged to submit a resume and a cover letter outlining background and experience as it relates to the position requirements and salary history/requirements. Please note that “negotiable” is neither salary nor requirements. Salary commensurate with experience.
- DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY