Scientist - Immune Oncology
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a private biotech start-up dedicated to discovering next generation medicines to treat grave diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates, and other distinguished researchers to form a company where innovation and cutting edge science provides the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine. In 2015, we established a broad collaboration with Merck that provides us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious research and development goals. This partnership is a strong validation for NGM as a biologics discovery engine that will generate transformational medicines for unmet medical needs.
NGM is currently offering a unique opportunity for a highly motivated researcher to join our team focused on the discovery and characterization of novel targets for drug development.
- Design and execution of immunology and oncology experiments in human and animal models both in the laboratory and administratively
- Provide expertise in immune biology
- Effectively represent the group in both internal and external presentations and publications
- Ph.D. in cellular and molecular immunology or related field
- Sophisticated expertise in cellular and molecular immunology techniques, working knowledge in tumor biology and animal models is a plus
- Demonstrated expertise in multicolor flow cytometry, in vitro primary cell immune assays (human and mouse), qPCR, and ELISA/Luminex.
- Expertise in Western blot, Incucyte and ELISPOT a plus
- Comprehensive knowledge of the current literature in Immunology
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities in a collaborative, multidisciplinary setting
- Familiarity with industrial paradigms of drug discovery and development for biologic agents a plus
- Demonstrated scientific productivity as evidenced by a strong record of publications, patents, invited presentations, grant funding, and/or pipeline accomplishments
- Outstanding written, visual, and oral communication skills
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants should click "Apply"