Senior Scientist, ADME
Senior Scientist, ADME
Position Code: 21079-18B
The candidate will work with minimal guidance to conduct biological sample analysis and drug metabolism studies using LC/MS/MS in support of Gossamer Bio’s drug discovery programs. The position requires the successful candidate to generate, analyze and present data in both written and oral reports. Excellent record keeping skills are essential. The team will be responsible for the ADME characterization of novel therapeutics.
· Metabolic profiling and identification of metabolites of novel compounds. Characterization and confirmation of metabolites.
· Perform enzymatic assays and in vitro drug metabolism studies, including liver microsomal stability testing in different species, cytochrome P450 inhibition and plasma protein binding etc
· Develop methods and conduct biological sample analysis using LC/MS/MS.
· Generate pharmacokinetic parameters from bioanalytical data using WinNonLin.
· Outsource select assays as needed for company goals.
· Store and upload data consistently to company records and database.
· Maintain laboratory notebook.
· Maintain key laboratory equipment.
· Provide technical advice to less experienced coworkers.
· Interact with multidisciplinary teams to meet project goals and timelines.
· Communicate critical and significant project information to various teams.
· Write study reports to support IND submission for DMPK when needed.
· Implement systems to file, organize, and archive information.
Experience & Education
· PhD in biology, biochemistry, chemistry or a related field with at least 10 years practical experience in DMPK drug discovery. Position level depends on experience.
· Knowledge and hands-on experience with LC/MS/MS, metabolic assays and various computer programs.
· Demonstrated high impact problem-solving as evidenced by publications and patents
· Highly collaborative, self-motivated individual with a strong desire to learn and contribute
· Experience mentoring direct reports preferred
· Experience working with external teams at CRO’s is preferred
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
Gossamer Bio is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants and complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.