In Vivo Laboratory Technician
Responsibilities will include assisting with pre-clinical research with rodents, animal care, ordering and maintaining biology lab supplies; maintaining cell cultures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducting in vivo biological techniques
- Assisting with injections and organ harvesting
- In vivo skills such as handling and treating rodents, tissue sampling, ex vivo post processing of tissues
- Caring for rodents, including bi-weekly cage changes and monitoring food and water
- Maintaining lab supplies and ordering replacements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Background in biological science with some experience handling rodents
- Experience with sterile technique, cell culture, standard cellular/molecular biological techniques
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and writing skills; experience with MS Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate and work well in a team environment