Associate Scientist, Immunotherapy Research and Discovery
Join bluebird bio's enthusiastic and collaborative Immunotherapy Research and Discovery team and contribute to the overall success of our T cell-based immunotherapy program. This new Associate Scientist will join our discovery research group to develop and evaluate novel cellular immunotherapies for clinical applications.
About the role:
About the role:
- Use lentiviral vectors to genetically modify freshly isolated T lymphocytes to express transgenic TCRs and chimeric antigen receptors (CARs)
- Characterize genetically modified primary T lymphocytes using standard molecular and immunological assays including flow cytometry, cytokine analysis, qPCR and western blot
- Compile and present research data to functional teams
- Maintain a lab notebook and contribute to support documentation when necessary
- Contribute to experimental design and project direction across multiple projects
- Provide critical lab support while working in a collaborative team environment
- BS/MS cell biology, immunology, cancer biology or related discipline with 2+ years' experience in immunology. Cancer immunology experience a plus.
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture is necessary. Experience with the culture of human T lymphocytes is a plus.
- Experience with standard immunological assays is a plus
- Excellent computer skills including experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Graphpad Prism is a plus.
- Experience acquiring and analyzing flow cytometry data
- Proven ability to effectively plan and organize work activities to meet schedules and deadlines. Superb organizational skills.
- Bring curiosity and technical excellence to science that directly impacts patients
- Effectively work independently and as part of a collaborative team comprised of multiple functional groups
- Capable of critical thinking and problem solving
- Understanding of safe lab practices and BSL requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- "Do-what-it-takes" attitude
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: be colorful, b cooperative, b you