Associate Scientist, Cellular Immunotherapy, CAR-T
Join bluebird bio's enthusiastic and collaborative Cellular Immunotherapy team and contribute to the overall success of our T cell-based immunotherapy program. This new Associate Scientist will join our research group to develop and evaluate novel cellular immunotherapies for clinical applications.
About the role:
About the role:
- Use lentiviral vectors to genetically modify freshly isolated T lymphocytes
- Expansion and maintenance of gene modified T cell cultures
- Characterize genetically modified primary T lymphocytes using standard immunological assays including flow cytometry
- Compile and present research data to functional teams
- Maintain a lab notebook and contribute to support documentation when necessary
- Contribute to experimental design and project direction
- Provide critical lab support while working in a collaborative team environment
- BS/MS cell biology, immunology or related discipline with 2+ years' experience in immunology. Cancer immunology a plus.
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture is necessary. Experience with the culture of human T lymphocytes is a plus.
- Experience with standard immunological assays is a plus
- Excellent computer skills including experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Graphpad Prism is a plus.
- Experience acquiring and analyzing flow cytometry data
- Proven ability to effectively plan and organize work activities to meet schedules and deadlines. Superb organizational skills.
- Bring curiosity and technical excellence to science that directly impacts patients
- Effectively work independently and as part of a collaborative team comprised of multiple functional groups
- Capable of critical thinking and problem solving
- Understanding of safe lab practices and BSL requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- "Do-what-it-takes" attitude
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: be colorful, b cooperative, b you