Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs), various US geographies, hemoglobinopathies and adrenoleukodystrophy
Join bluebird bio's enthusiastic and collaborative team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. Working within medical affairs, you will function as a medical/scientific connection between bluebird bio and key external stakeholders to further scientific exchange. Through the development of strong relationships and provision of insights, you will support the advancement and commercialization of our gene therapy treatments in hemoglobinopathies and adrenoleukodystrophy.
About the role:
About the role:
- Establish, build and maintain relationships with key external stakeholders by providing disease state education and communicating the clinical value of the bluebird bio therapeutic platform
- Contribute to company success through the gathering of medical insights to inform company strategy and research/data generation initiatives
- Be seen as a trusted medical/scientific partner that provides high quality scientific expertise to support appropriate use of bluebird's treatments
- Represent bluebird bio and our therapeutic platform at relevant scientific congresses and meetings
- Identify qualified collaborators to participate in company-sponsored activities (e.g. speaker, investigator, consultant)
- Maintain clinical, scientific and technical expertise in our therapeutic areas
- Adhere to corporate compliance policies in all activities, including those related to clinical trials, scientific interactions with internal and external groups, and unsolicited requests for medical/scientific information
- Travel expectations 50-70%; Geographic location in the Central US and Northeastern US highly desired but other locations may be considered
- Doctorate degree (PharmD, MD, DO, PhD) with a minimum of 5 years in pharmaceutical industry with at least 3 years' experience as MSL. Experience in rare disease, particularly in hematology, an asset.
- Product launch experience strongly desired
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate scientific and medical information to both internal and external customers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are imperative; ability to anticipate and adapt to change; strong interpersonal skills commensurate with the need to work closely with partners, investigators, contractors, consultants, and team members across functions
- Ability to communicate well with health care professionals and establish strong relationships with peer groups, professional organizations, and other outside parties.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently yet engage in collaboratively within Field team to complete tasks in a timely fashion
- Independently motivated, detail oriented and good problem solving ability
- Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to embrace change and multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself