Director, Pricing Strategy
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
The Director, Pricing Strategy is responsible for leading the development of cohesive US & global pricing strategies for the Regeneron portfolio of products, including the Alliance products. This position will lead the development of global and US list and net pricing guidance and management of pricing approvals, and serve as the subject matter expert on Global Pricing topics.
• Lead the development of launch and LCM pricing strategies through cross-functional collaboration, and establish price guidance in conjunction with key stakeholders including Global/EU Commercial, Market Access and HEOR within Regeneron and Alliance partners
• Lead US/global pricing research projects in collaboration with key cross functional stakeholders within Regeneron and across the Alliance, ensuring quality, timeliness, and effective management of external consultancies/vendors, as appropriate
• Together with and through our Alliance partners, ensure affiliate market inputs are take into consideration, while optimizing overall global P&MA needs
• Evaluate alternative pricing options/scenarios through qualitative and quantitative modeling and develop clear and well thought-out pricing recommendations
• Coordinate appropriate pricing governance meetings across the Alliance to ensure timely approval and communication of the US & Global Pricing strategies to support launch readiness
• Collaborate with Market Access and HEOR to ensure that appropriate pricing elements are incorporated into the Global Value Dossier
• Co-lead the development of Payer Negotiation Strategies and Tactics for affiliate markets including creation of alternative pricing models such as outcome-based or financially-based arrangements, develop payer handlers, etc.
• Provide strategic pricing inputs and support for early phase P&MA assessments though appropriate research and analytics including, Value Based Price assessments, together with New Product Planning and Market Access
• Monitor key P&MA trends proactively and identify implications for the Regeneron portfolio
• Lead the annual Pricing Strategy review process and recommendations for any changes required
• Coordination of the Global Pricing Committee meetings and providing subject matter inputs
• Bachelor's degree required. Advanced business degree (MBA/MPH, etc.) strongly preferred.
• 12 years progressive relevant experience acquired at biopharmaceutical companies, Payer/HTA, or relevant consultancy companies in a multi-national context required
• Experience with high-value, branded biologic products in a pricing and market access role required; experience in oncology biologics a strong plus
• Demonstrated experience with developing global pricing strategy strongly preferred
• Strong knowledge of US (Commercial and Public) and Global payer archetypes and funding flow, as well as ex-US country health system and pricing knowledge, especially EU5, Japan, Canada, Australia
• Good understanding of the US payer and provider contracting dynamic desired
• Excellent knowledge of pricing market research tools, methodologies, and analytics; experience managing consulting vendor projects required
• Exposure to Health Economics in the context of HTA assessments would be very helpful
• Experience in launch pricing strategies and early phase price assessments
• Must be a self-starter, have strong leadership skills, a strategic mindset, and the ability to manage by influence, along with excellent oral and written skills
• The ability to work well in a matrix team environment and independently across multiple projects
• Experience working across an alliance/JV strongly preferred
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.