Associate Director, US Pricing Strategy
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
The Associate Director US Pricing Strategy will support the development of the US Pricing and Contracting Strategies for all Regeneron products, including the Alliance products. The position will report to the Director Pricing Strategy.
The individual will closely work with a matrix team consisting of Market Access, Market Research, Commercial, Clinical and Health Economics to evaluate the pricing and market access considerations across various including payer, provider, PBMs, GPOs, etc., and provide recommendations on the overall strategy and pricing and contracting guidelines. The position will entail a combination of strong strategic and analytical thinking to identify and evaluate creative, innovative pricing approaches in consideration of the evolving US access landscape.
• Support the development of a comprehensive, value-capturing pricing and contracting strategy for the Regeneron portfolio
• Serve as the US subject matter expert on channel dynamics and evolving policy landscape and implications to pricing and contracting
• Partner with HEOR team to apply the REGN Value Based Pricing Framework on US products, as well as help evaluate potential implications of other evolving US frameworks
• Partner with the Contracting Analytics, Govt. Pricing and Access Services teams to perform comprehensive analytics incorporating detailed price volume vs profitability by channel, ASP / govt. pricing, copay program and overall GTN implications
• Support US pricing research projects in collaboration with key cross functional stakeholders within Regeneron and across the Alliance, ensuring quality, timeliness, and effective management of external consultancies/vendors, as appropriate
• Evaluate alternative pricing and contracting approaches (including outcomes based contracts) and identify optimal contracting structures
• Collaborate with Account Management & Market Access to develop and track contracting KPIs and performance
• Drive annual/ad-hoc pricing and contracting evaluations to evaluate if any changes to the strategy and guidelines are required based on evolving market dynamic
• Assist in the coordination of the US Pricing Review Board meetings and in providing subject matter inputs
• Ensure best practices sharing across the product teams
• Support finance and brand on the annual brand planning process
• Candidate must have a BA/BS degree or equivalent; Masters preferred.
• 10+ years of "progressive" industry/relevant professional experience
• 8+ years of US Payer and Provider pricing and contracting experience/leadership in Pharma or Biotech industry
• Hands on experience on evaluating the unique challenges and business drivers across multiple channels, (e.g., payers, IDNs, GPOs, pathway organization), and how these influence the customers' receptivity to various pricing schemes and contracting models
• Strong analytical skills and an ability to evaluate the impact of various pricing approaches which could be employed in a complex ecosystem/marketplace
• Solid business acumen including an understanding of the funding flow/economics across the various customer types
• Ability to see the big picture; ability to collect, digest and assemble information to enable relevant business analyses and influence decision-making
• Demonstrated ability to simplify a complex message and rationale
• Exceptional strategic and analytical capabilities
• Excellent conceptual problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to bring structure to vaguely defined problems, pragmatically scope problem solving approach, and manage execution
• Strong communication skills, the ability to work across boundaries in an internal matrix organization, and the capability to form strong, productive partnerships
• Demonstrated ability to drive execution of key initiatives and meet all deadlines
• Ability to prioritize and work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.