Biometrics Molecule Project Manager
Join a Team that Lives to Improve Lives
People come to Genentech from across disciplines and across the world to solve our most challenging medical conditions. You’ll find inspiration in our passion for biotechnology, our purpose to positively impact the lives of millions of patients and our dedication to our people. Joining Genentech means being part of a tradition of inquiry that will change the world. It means embracing our failures as much as our successes. It requires a willingness to look beyond the edge of what's possible. And a focus on doing the day-to-day work that makes great science happen.
The following opportunity exists in our South San Francisco, CA headquarters:
Biometrics Molecule Project Manager
Relocation is not designated for this position.
The Biometrics Molecule Project Manager (MPM) is responsible for providing project management support to drive the end-to-end Global Biometrics Team delivery for the most complex and high-impact clinical development projects. The Biometrics Molecule Project Manager supports the Global Biometrics Team Leader (GBTL) who has Biometrics-level accountability for all Biometrics activities for their assigned molecule project.
As a key member of the Global Biometrics Team, the Biometrics MPM is expected to be knowledgeable about the overall clinical development project, and the related Biometrics processes and accountabilities. The Biometrics MPM will provide support to drive the overall planning, team management and process management across Biometrics to ensure seamless Biometrics delivery to the clinical development project.
The Biometrics MPM achieves this through strong skills and background in project management, a large insight in the overall clinical development processes and sound knowledge of the Roche Biometrics organization.
Primary Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Responsible to develop and maintain a fit-for-purpose integrated project plan of the Global Biometrics Team deliverables in alignment with project level plans for the molecule, e.g. the overall clinical development plan, submission plan.
- More specifically, through professional project management processes, tools and skills supports the integrity, adequacy, timeliness and accuracy of Biometrics deliverables to the project.
- Identify, manage & communicate key risks & dependencies and leading risk management strategies in partnership with the GBTL and the functional leads. This includes raising issues related to resourcing, performance, processes, and available tools for the team to complete its deliverables
- Enable accurate reporting, timely & informed decision making and efficient collaboration processes in the Global Biometrics Team – by taking responsibility of defining & maintaining efficient collaboration processes including overall meeting structure, collaboration processes & tools. Define and drive agendas in alignment with project plan. Document actions and decisions & facilitate meetings.
- Communicates effectively with all Global Biometrics Team members using strong project and organizational knowledge, leadership and active facilitation in team interactions and meetings to enable effective team collaboration & high performance
- In partnership with the Global Biometrics Team Lead - plan and facilitate lessons learned and knowledge sharing across Global Biometrics Teams to ensure continuous improvement.
Who You Are
Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Solid experience and excellent skills in project management
- including ability to manage scope and effectively delegate to other functions, staff, contractors and external vendors
- including solid experience and skills selecting and using the appropriate project management tools and processes
- Project management experience from several different development environments and organizations.
- Broad drug development knowledge, including a working-knowledge of contributions made by Biometrics disciplines
- Strong Communication and Collaboration Skills, including interpersonal skills to contribute effectively in cross-functional, geographically dispersed teams settings, ability to influence others without authority, ability to build strong collaborative relationships with scientific and non-scientific partners
- Familiar with change management approaches, tools, and methodology
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and drive results when planning, managing teams, and managing processes
- Strong experience facilitating project team meetings, cross-functional communication and decision making, and ensuring alignment with internal and external stakeholders
- Sound judgment, problem solving, leadership, and collaboration in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions to problems.
- Ability to travel internationally
- A scientific degree or advanced degree or equivalent experience (Science, MBA, PM)
- At least 5-10 years of experience in biotech, pharmaceuticals or a related field with demonstrated success in working with cross functional teams
- Project Management and Change Management certifications desired
- Previous experience or knowledge of the Biometrics function, such as Biostatistics, Statistical Programming, Clinical Data Management, or Outcomes Research
A Job with Benefits Beyond the Benefits
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
At Genentech, we share salary ranges with applicants during the recruiting process, if requested. Third party salary estimates may not be accurate or up-to-date.