Director, Early Oncology Commercial
Join bluebird bio's enthusiastic and collaborative team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. This position reports in to the SVP Commercial Oncology and will be responsible for the early commercial strategy, opportunity assessment and competitive analysis to support the bluebird oncology pipeline. The role works closely with Research, Clinical Development, Business Development, the Franchise team and commercial functions to bring clear and actionable commercial perspective to strategic decisions and investment plans to advance bluebird's cell therapy IO pipeline. This is an opportunity to work at the forefront of gene and cell therapy, defining opportunities and shaping strategy to deliver potentially transformational care for patients with Cancer.
About the Role:
About the Role:
- Lead development of early commercial strategy for bluebird oncology pipeline including providing concise and actionable insight to inform research and development decisions.
- Lead oncology opportunity assessments to inform Business Development, target selection and pipeline investment decisions.
- Lead competitive tracking and analysis supporting bluebird BCMA programs and oncology development and commercial strategies.
- Work seamlessly with the Oncology franchise team on overall asset strategy and execution driving well informed cross matrix decisions and plans.
- Bachelor Degree (MBA preferred)with 10+ years of experience in biotech/pharma oncology roles with a track record demonstrating accountability, sense of urgency and cross functional leadership.
- Knowledge, experience and proven track record of using deep customer and market insight to deliver concise insight to R&D decisions and innovative patient and physician centric business solutions.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical, communication and project management skills to effectively translate ideas and insights into actionable plans
- Strong leadership abilities to influence and lead across a matrix environment.
- Demonstrated ability to create clear global commercial strategies in oncology and work across functions to facilitate seamless execution
- Excellent organizational skills, sufficient to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence across multiple functions
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself