Director of Corporate Communications
WHAT WE DO
Recursion combines experimental biology and bioinformatics with artificial intelligence to quickly and efficiently identify treatments for human diseases. From its initial and continued focus on drug repurposing to treat rare diseases, Recursion has now broadened its platform to to explore many other indications, including aging, inflammation, infectious disease, and immunology. Recursion’s ultimate vision is to leverage technology to build a robust and reliable map of human cellular biology, which would enable a radical shift in the pace and scale at which new treatments could benefit patients.
HOW YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
As the Director of Corporate Communications, you will build a broad and effective communications strategy and maintain overall stewardship of Recursion’s brand, positioning, messaging, and delivery. This highly-collaborative role reports directly to the Chief Business Officer and works with the C-suite, department leaders, and multidisciplinary teams. In this role, you will implement public relations programs to highlight our technology, pipeline, and business model with trade and consumer media, patient advocacy groups, and other key audiences. This role provides variety, as you will be responsible for both strategic direction and tactical execution.
In this role, you will:
- Craft and deliver Recursion’s message about our innovative approach to investors, potential recruits, partners, patients, and team members. You will be the brand evangelist and your reach will span disciplines, industries, and mindsets.
- Create accurate and compelling scientific content that resonates with the pharmaceutical and tech communities and is reflective of sound scientific judgement.
- Engage and participate in relevant social discussions about Recursion, competitors, and related industries. You will manage media relations, work with Finance to construct a financial narrative that matches our achievements and milestones, and partner with Talent Acquisition to position us as an employer of choice.
- Orchestrate the efforts of external agencies and suppliers to achieve communication goals and effectively use channels—including social media—to support our goals.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Public Relations, or Marketing
- 7-10 years of professional experience in Communications, Public Relations, or Marketing
- Scientific education and communicating scientific concepts; biotech or life sciences experience required.
- Strong organization and project management skills with an eye for detail
- Established relationships with biotech, tech, and/or financial media contacts a plus
- An ability to travel to conferences and meetings in order to monitor trends in communication for the high-tech and health care communities. This could equate to approximately 20% travel.
PERKS YOU’LL ENJOY
- Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums (in most cases 100%)
- Two one-week company closures during the winter holidays and during the peak of summer
- 401(k) with generous matching
- Flexible, generous vacation/sick leave
- Company-provided lunches, snacks, and beverages to keep you fueled up and focused
- Industry-leading paid maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Impressive office and laboratory space (soon to be located downtown at The Gateway)
- Showers, lockers, bike parking, and nearby trail access
Recursion is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Recursion strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.