Toxicology Scientist Associate Director - Nonclinical Development
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a private biotech company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to form a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine. To date, NGM Bio has generated a pipeline of six drug candidates in various stages of development, including NGM282 that recently demonstrated proof-of-concept in a Phase 2 study in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). We have many more in preclinical development. In 2015, we entered into a broad, strategic collaboration with Merck that will provide us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
NGM is looking for a Toxicology Scientist with a strong research background with proven ability to plan and execute nonclinical development strategy to advance programs from research to early clinical development. Ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to understand the pharmacologic/toxicologic mechanism(s) of drug-induced responses is a key attribute. The best candidate for this position has the ability to immerse in the understanding of complex biologic pathways across multiple programs, identify key research activities of importance for safety assessment, and serve as a key contributor on project development teams.
- Key member on multidisciplinary Product Development Teams (PDTs) to represent nonclinical development function to define and implement nonclinical safety evaluation strategy and plan of novel candidate molecules.
- Opportunity to lead PDTs from candidate nomination to FIH based on level of experience and capability.
- Participate in Research Project Teams to lead the evaluation of potential safety and toxicity liabilities of biologic pathways of interest.
- Closely partner with Research Project Team leaders in the design and interpretation of nonclinical pharmacology and efficacy studies as they relate to assessment of PKPD and human dose projection.
- Lead the design and conduct of experiments to help inform the potential translatability and relevance of nonclinical safety findings to humans.
- Responsible to draft and review nonclinical sections of regulatory documents (IND, IMPD, IB, briefing packages) including nonclinical pharmacology, pharmacokinetics and toxicology.
- Manage nonclinical development studies in-house and at contract research organizations.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry in the area of nonclinical drug discovery and development.
- PhD degree in toxicology, pathology, pharmacology, or related discipline
- Post-doctoral experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work in a matrix environment and develop relationships with key stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to efficiently relay information to project teams and other key stakeholders.
- Experience with large molecule (proteins and monoclonal antibody) drug discovery and development desired, but not required.
- Proven ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants should click "Apply"