Technical Support Scientist
The Technical Support Scientist provides technical advice and troubleshooting assistance to existing Bionano customers with particular focus on experimental design, sample preparation and instrument operation. As a key member of the Customer Solutions Team, you will also assist in establishing and improving key commercial processes to ensure that our customers receive world-class technical support. The successful candidate will receive thorough product training and an opportunity for career development and growth.
- Answer, evaluate, and prioritize incoming phone calls and emails to assist customers
- Handle problem recognition, analysis, resolution, and follow-up for routine and complex problems, including hands-on troubleshooting work
- Provide technical guidance regarding Bionano’s products to existing and prospective customers
- Triage issues and work with the field and/or development teams to provide solutions
- Develop, write, and edit technical documentation and training materials
- Provide accurate and timely documentation of customer feedback using Bionano’s complaint tracking system
- Provide critical product improvement feedback to development teams
Skills & Education
- Advanced scientific degree (MS or PhD) with relevant experience in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Genetics, or related field
- Practical experience and/or in-depth knowledge of sequencing and genomics methods required
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills required
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and training skills
- Customer-focused and team-player mindset
- Experience with Bionano data and/or a broad range of common Sequencing analysis packages
- Training and teaching experiences
- Familiar with CRM (customer relationship management) product, such as SFDC
- Related customer support experience highly desirable
Bionano Genomics does not accept resumes submitted by agencies. The Human Resources team is the focal point for all recruitment and hiring at the company. Agencies are asked not to contact or forward resumes to our Executive team, Management team, or any current Bionano employee for consideration. Resumes are only accepted from agencies if a signed agreement is in place and therefore Bionano Genomics is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Bionano Genomics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. Bionano is committed to the principles of equal opportunity employment for all employees and to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Bionano are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Bionano will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and encourages applicants of all ages. Bionano participates in E-Verify.