Research Associate, In Vivo
Ambrx is a biopharmaceutical company enabling a new field of protein medicinal chemistry, using a fundamentally new technology that directs incorporation of amino acids beyond nature’s conserved set into biosynthetic proteins to produce high value biologics products.
We are seeking a self-starting Research Associate to work with our Pharmacology group within our dynamic fast-paced research organization.
- Manipulation and handling of mice and rats in adherence with IACUC protocols
- Familiar with common in vivo study parameters: tissue culture/sterile techniques, tumor cell implantation, tumor and body weight measurements, dosing regimens (IV, IP, & oral Gavage), clinical observations, and necropsy / tissue collections. Familiarity with FACS a plus
- Documents the data, completes data analysis, and compiles laboratory reports of studies.
- Provides interpretations and analysis of results and capable of presenting data to group meetings.
- Troubleshoots problems and develops solutions to technical problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific discipline and at least 1-2 years of in vivo experience in an oncology focused industry setting is preferred
Range of technical expertise:
- Ability to troubleshoot effectively and solve scientific problems with minimal supervision
- Ability to find, read and understand relevant scientific literature
- Willing and able to work under the pressure of deadlines and find solutions to meet timelines
- Ability to work across teams by being a flexible team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable using computers, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, Prism, e-mail, and internet
- Good organizational and time-management skills. Ability to multi-task with a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy.
To be considered as an applicant, please submit your resume/CV referencing the specific position of interest to email@example.com. Applicants whose qualifications and experience most closely match the requirements of the position will be reviewed. Candidates will only be contacted for evaluative discussions. Ambrx offers competitive compensation & benefits.