The Healthcare Researcher should be adept at covering a broad array of topics within the healthcare industry. Individual in this role will work closely with Sr. Editor of Healthcare Research to provide relevant and timely marketplace intelligence for the global investment community. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to efficiently develop new relationships with healthcare industry professionals who are tuned into the latest medical advances and trends. The primary responsibility of this position is conducting in depth phone interviews with doctors, surgeons, and other healthcare industry professionals to gauge and detail the market acceptance of a variety of new therapeutics and medical devices. Excellent communication skills, including concise and clear writing, as well as strong verbal presentation skills are other important aspects of this role. Organizational and analytical skills, ability to connect the dots and idea generation are other key attributes of the role. The individual in this role reports to the Sr. Editor of Healthcare Research.
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong background working in healthcare, ideally 3+ years as a representative for a pharmaceutical or medical device company
- Understanding of the key trends shaping healthcare today, and an ability to identify inflections in those trends
- Ability to efficiently develop and maintain new physician, surgeon, nurse practitioner, and other industry source relationships
- Well developed, positive communication skills; ability to clearly articulate research findings to institutional investors
- Excellent interviewing skills with a knack for interpreting interview data and spotting discrepancies in a story. Experience with the financial industry a plus.
- The ability to analyze and identify essential findings and draw a defendable conclusion is critical; strategize and think broadly forward
- Stellar organizational and project management skills, proactive thinking, ability to meet deadlines, multitask and work under pressure; schedule flexibility a must
- The ideal candidate will be able to work well within a team and independently, and be comfortable working remotely; self-starter and a quick learner
- The ability to maintain a positive attitude, self-motivation and confidence
- This is a telecommuting, hourly position.
Please send your cover letter, resume and clips to:
Joann Steck-Bayat | Recruitment & Operations Manager |