Medical Director - US Medical Lead - Hematology Early Assets
The US Medical Lead for Hematology Early Assets, is accountable for the development and implementation of the US Hematology medical affairs strategy for Amgen's Hematology-Oncology early assets. Through cross-functional collaboration and deep understanding of the treatment landscape, the medical lead will provide strategic direction in the development of the US medical plans including external engagement, communication and evidence generation strategies and contribute to the overall global product strategy.
The key responsibilities for this role are:
- Partner with Early Development team to accelerate innovative pipeline by providing regional strategic input on treatment landscape, registrational and product life cycle management programs.
- Develop and implement the US medical strategy for hematology pipeline products via the US Medical Plan, including launch preparation support and lifecycle management, in collaboration with Product Team, Global Medical Affairs Lead and Early Development Team
- Develop a comprehensive US medical plan for hematology pipeline products, including external stakeholder management, scientific communications, evidence generation and medical education strategy
- Contribute to global product strategy through deep understanding of the US medical environment, sharing regional insights and engagement of external experts
- Facilitate and continue to build Amgen's role as a science based and patient focused reliable partner
- Partner with Global Development Leads and Global Medical Affairs Leads on evidence generation activities and ensuring the Evidence Generation Plan captures key regional needs
MD or DO degree from an accredited medical school OR PhD OR PharmD
2 years of Medical Affairs experiences and/or clinical research experience and/or basic science research in Hematology-Oncology
Clinical and disease knowledge base in hematological malignancies
MD plus accredited fellowship in Hematology-Oncology, board certified or board eligible
5 years of Medical Affairs experience in the pharma/biotech industry
5 years of patient clinical experience in AML, ALL and MM
3 years of clinical research experience in Hematology-Oncology
Management and leadership experience in a direct report and non-direct report framework with complex cross-functional responsibilities
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.