Process Technician, Recovery Swing Shift
Together, We Can Solve the World’s Greatest Challenges The solution to many of the most fundamental challenges facing the world today can be found in science. But providing for the food, energy and safety needs of a growing population will require more than science alone. It will require many people working together to devise solutions that improve the lives of people everywhere. DuPont has a rich history of scientific discovery that has enabled countless innovations and today, we’re looking for more people, in more places, to collaborate with us to make life the best it can be.
About DuPont Industrial Biosciences
DuPont Industrial Biosciences comprises an unmatched portfolio of capabilities in industrial biotechnology and biobased solutions. The unique combination of agricultural, biotechnology, chemical and material science capabilities allows DuPont Industrial Biosciences to deliver cost-effective products with superior performance and sustainability aspects to a range of industries. Bringing together the expertise from Danisco, Genencor, and DuPont has yielded a unique combination of strengths in enzyme technology, materials science, and bioprocessing. We call it Powered by DuPont™ Genencor® Science. It’s what powers the innovations to help solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
As a Process Technician in DuPont’s Operations group, you will play an integral role in supporting the development, scale-up, and transfer of production processes for our new biotechnology products utilizing state-of-the-art facilities which range in scale from 14L to 3,000L capacities. This position will provide operations support to the Recovery pilot plant.
Recovery Operations include a variety of filtration methods (press filtration, tangential flow membrane filtration, centrifugation, drum filtration) to perform cell separation, concentration and purification processes.
The optimal candidate will have a strong background with process equipment, utilities, hazardous materials, and process safety procedures, as well as excellent communication, teamwork and troubleshooting skills. As a member of the operations group, you will also have the opportunity to learn about a variety of formulation and analytical processes. You will be participating in continuous improvement efforts to increase quality and service levels, improve process capabilities and capacities, and achieve higher efficiency and reliability.
The following are required:
• Minimum education of high school degree
• A general understanding of bioprocesses, purification, or other related field through past work experience or education
• Display a strong focus on safety, quality, detail and results.
• Mechanical aptitude
• Possess a desire to learn and excel, be independently motivated, and have strong problem solving skills.
• A familiarity with computer-based systems
• Able to work in both individual and team environments.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
• Be willing and able to wear a respirator and lift 50lbs with or without reasonable accommodation .
• Be willing and able to work a swing shift
The following are preferred:
• AA degree in Science/Engineering or relevant laboratory experience
• 1-3 years of experience in operation of bioprocesses including downstream recovery