Legal Transactions Associate I
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
The Legal Transactions Associate I, as a member of the Legal Transactions Group, is responsible for assisting in executing a variety of routine company agreements. The ideal candidate must be energized by working in a complex and fast-paced environment, and be able to quickly understand and support business goals with sound and ethical judgment.
· Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of routine R&D, Operations, Commercial and Market Access agreements
· Assist in supporting contract needs of assigned business departments and act as a supportive liaison alone or with more senior members of the Legal Transactions team for agreements between business and legal departments.
· Manage agreements from start to finish including logging and updating contract management system for agreements.
· Ensure that agreements are timely reviewed and handled, and all agreement records are accurately maintained in contract management system.
· Arrange and conduct meetings with department leaders and business stakeholders to understand business priorities, provide updates on the status of assigned agreements, and respond to inquiries related to agreements, including contractual terms.
· Assist in cross functional collaboration with various departments to resolve issues related to contracting and support cross-functional initiatives.
· Support the continuous improvement of templates, playbooks and workflow processes.
· Perform administrative functions including: scheduling meetings/conference calls, maintaining departmental files (electronic or otherwise), managing contract documentation flow and ongoing maintenance of the contract management system utilized by company.
· Understand and effectively use Microsoft Office Suite, Apttus (contracts management software) and other business-specific software.
· Develop knowledge of Pharmacyclics' business and supported client areas.
· Comply with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the company business.
- ABA approved Paralegal Certificate, BA/BS or equivalent degree is required. JD or educational background in applicable scientific field is a plus.
- 0 - 2+ years of experience
- Experience with pharmaceutical/biotech companies and/or academic institutions is preferred, but not required.