Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist, Cell-Based Assay Development, Neuroscience
The candidate will help establish in vitro cellular assays to enable bioactive screening and mechanism of action studies. The role is critical in assisting the scientific team in advancing our therapeutic understandings. The candidate will be involved in establishing, validating, and implementing methodologies and is thus pivotal to the company’s mission. Studies performed will involve cutting edge science and require innovative concepts and strategies. The role requires dedication to drive science, excellent communication and organization, flexibility, and the ability to interact with a multidisciplinary team of scientists and research associates to drive multiple projects in parallel.
Responsibilities & Essential Duties:
- Performing primary cell tissue culture
- Generation and maintenance of stable cell lines
- Designing, planning, and performing cellular experiments
- Use of molecular and biochemical analysis, immunocytochemistry and microscopy
- Maintaining familiarity with current scientific literature
- Investigating and developing new methods and technologies for project advancement
- Interfacing on a regular basis with lead scientific staff to organize, coordinate, schedule and execute experimental work.
- This may include designing, performing, and presenting experimental paradigms
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- List knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Include the education and experience that is necessary to perform the job satisfactorily.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- A Bachelor, Masters or Doctorate degree in biology, cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry or Neuroscience is required
- Minimum of eight (8) years of progressively advancing responsibilities and technical experience
- Multiple years of experience with primary tissue culture and cell-based assay development is required, experience with neuronal cultures and progenitor cells is desirable
- Experience with immunocytochemistry and microscopy
- Experience with cell-based medium-throughput screening assays, vector design and construction, and conditional gene expression in mammalian systems is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills that enable the individual to interact with all levels of management, technical and scientific personnel
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, microscopy software and analytical packages such as Prism.