Research Associate - Molecular Screening
Research Associate opportunity in Assay Development and Molecular Screening team. This individual will join a dynamic and growing multidisciplinary team focused on discovery and advancement of new drug candidates. The primary responsibility of this position will be in the development and execution, biochemical and cellular assays utilizing robotic liquid handling platforms.
A key component of the position will be to provide regular, high quality assay results, and troubleshoot and develop approaches to optimize experimental procedures. The successful candidate will work with some direct supervision of a Scientist or Senior Scientist.
- Independently execute assigned tasks following appropriate laboratory/technical procedures under supervision.
- Make detailed observations, record and analyze data
- Troubleshoot experiments, suggest improvements to supervisor
- Evaluate and clearly report experimental results to supervisor and colleagues on a routine basis with special attention to data quality and reproducibility.
- Learn new laboratory techniques, troubleshoot experiments, and ensure experiments are well designed and performed to a high standard.
- BA/BS or M.S degree in Molecular Biology or Biochemistry or Cell Biology
- Minimum of 2-4 years experience working in a laboratory research environment in either industry or academia.
- Broad practical experience and knowledge in common Biochemistry techniques ( Enzyme Kinetics, Protein Purification, Antibody Modification, Ligand Binding, SDS Page, Western Blot, Immunoprecipitation )
- Experience with liquid handling automation is a nice to have.
- Experience with use of biological assays to characterize and optimize small molecules and data graphing analysis is an advantage.