Regulatory Science Communications – Medical Editor or Senior Editor
The Editor / Senior Medical Editor provides broad medical editing support for multiple concurrent clinical and regulatory documents.
- Independently edit clinical and regulatory documents for logic, style, internal consistency, accuracy, and organization; conduct research and fact‑check as appropriate by project
- Establish and maintain company style sheets and guides
- Plan and coordinate resources for all editorial projects (SME)
- Plan, organize, and implement all editorial tasks for assigned documents
- Ensure that timelines are met
- Collaborate closely with medical writers, publishers, and other document team members
- Edit and format documents according to company standards and processes
- Ensure documents are properly prepared for electronic publishing
- Develop medical editing guidelines and training materials
- Prepare style sheets and guides
- Liaise with Regulatory Operations personnel on formatting
- Mentor junior medical editors (SME)
- Continue professional training and learn new technologies through self‑training, workshops, and conferences
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a science discipline or healthcare‑related field, English, or Communications; advanced degree a plus
- Minimum 2 years (ME) or 5+ years (SME) of experience as an editor or writer in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company preferred; freelance or closely related experience may be taken into consideration
- Exceptional attention to detail is essential
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of the American Medical Association Manual of Style, 10th Ed
- Excellent understanding of medical terminology and familiarity with clinical data analysis
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to build good relationships with coworkers; able to collaborate effectively in a dynamic environment
- Professional and friendly demeanor, flexible, accommodating
Preferred Experience, Special Skills, Knowledge:
- Familiarity with electronic publishing of regulatory documents a plus
- AMWA member with certificate a plus
- BELS certification a plus
About Aimmune Therapeutics, Inc.
Aimmune Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company founded to address the unmet medical need in food allergy, which currently has no approved treatments. Our mission is to improve the lives of people with food allergies, based on our proprietary desensitization treatments in development. Aimmune’s recently announced positive top-line data from its pivotal Phase 3 PALISADE trial for AR101, the company’s lead investigational drug for peanut allergy. Headquartered in the heart of San Francisco’s biotechnology hub, Brisbane, California, Aimmune has additional offices in the Kings Cross area of London, and in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Qualified candidates should forward a resume and cover letter, including a statement of interest, availability, and experience.
Aimmune Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Principals only; no recruiters please.