Research Associate - Biomarker and Assay Development
Omniox, Inc. is an IND-stage biopharmaceutical company developing a proprietary protein platform to treat diseases where hypoxia and ischemia drive poor clinical outcomes, such as cancer, stroke and critical care. Omniox has strong financial sponsorship from leading investors.
We are looking for a highly motivated Research Associate with relevant experience in biomarker identification and assay development and validation, in the areas of oncology, immunology and hypoxia. The Biomarker and Assay Development Group works with research and clinical teams to design clinical biomarker and patient characterization strategies, develops and implements clinical assays to deliver high quality biomarker, PK, immunogenicity, and patient characterization data to support programs from research and pre-clinical stages through early and late stage clinical development.
We seek candidates with extensive lab experience and knowledge of multiple technology platforms for cell-, protein-, and nucleic acid-based assays to support the development of clinical assays. The preferred candidate will have a strong scientific biology background to enable understanding of disease and drug mechanisms supporting assay development and use.
Job title will be determined based on the level of experience.
As an Omniox team member, you will support our corporate values of:
- Scientific and operational excellence
- Open-mindedness and courage
- Ensure timely development, optimization and validation of PK, PD and biomarker assays on multiple platforms.
- Execute and analyze development and validation protocols, and transfer assays internally.
- Perform all stages of biological sample processing and analysis activities.
- Process and analyze research and pre-clinical samples, and interpret bioanalytical data.
- May process and analyze clinical trial samples.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of processes, standard operating procedures, validation reports, and associated documentation.
- Maintain awareness of regulations and guidance for assay development, validation, and implementation.
- Support bioanalytical method SOP development.
- Document activities related to the development and validation of bioanalytical methods.
- May be called upon to assist with the training of employees related to research and development and validation.
- Bachelor’s degrees in life sciences.
- Background in oncology, immunology, or hypoxia is a desirable.
- 5+ years of experience with clinical assay development and validation, preferably in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical setting.
- Excellent bench skills, and familiarity with experimental design and data analysis tools.
- Experience with multiple technical platforms, including immunohistochemistry, flow cytometry, ELISA, PCR, Nanostring, Luminex, and next generation sequencing.
- Relevant industry experience in assay development with experience in CLIA and/or FDA regulated environments.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to build relationships.
- Well-developed critical reasoning skills.
We offer competitive compensation, including base salary + bonus, stock options, health benefits and paid time off.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Omniox is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all qualified applicants without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.