Associate Scientist, Molecular Biology (55)
We are seeking a skilled molecular biologist to join the hybridoma group to characterize lead hybrids by sequencing and recombinant methods.
- General molecular biology involving isolation, manipulation, and characterization of DNA, RNA and proteins.
- Sanger and Next generation sequencing sample preparation.
- Design of mammalian cell expression vectors for recombinant proteins.
- Mammalian and hybridoma cell culture.
- Mammalian cell manipulation including transfection.
- Cell cloning and freezing.
- Detailed, formal record keeping through electronic notebook.
- Communication of work, plans and progress using written and verbal communication in small and group settings.
- Prefer BS in Molecular and Cell Biology or related field with 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in extraction of antibody sequences using RT-PCR, design and construction of cell expression plasmid constructs, site-directed mutagenesis, and recombinant protein vector design.
- Extensive cell culture techniques including demonstrated ability to work with hybridomas and establish transient/stable cells and cell lines through transfections and/or virus transduction.
- Ability to multitask among multiple projects and teams and work independently in a fast-paced, highly interactive environment.
- Demonstrated independence in experimental design, execution, data analysis and troubleshooting is required.
- Attention to detail with excellent organizational and record keeping skills is a requirement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people, internally and externally is required.