Manager, Flow Cytometry Core
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
The Research Flow Cytometry Core Facility seeks a highly skilled and motivated Flow Cytometry Manager. Responsibilities include overseeing a group of talented cytometry operators and specialist, expand ongoing educational outreach, be able to design/analyze and troubleshoot 20+ color flow cytometry panels, and help oversee 20+ cytometry instruments from multiple vendors. The candidate must have a firm grasp on instrument optimization and characterization methods, QC methods and instrument maintenance.
1. Manage a team of operators and specialist.
2. Contribute and expand on cytometry educational outreach efforts.
3. Contribute to ongoing instrument characterization and optimization efforts.
4. Be able to sort when necessary.
5. Help troubleshoot assays and flow cytometry panels
6. Keep current on cytometry technologies and help implement them at the company.
7. Analysis of flow cytometric data.
8. Support maintenance of flow cytometry equipment. BD Symphony, FACSCanto, Accuri, LSR Fortessa, Fortessa X-20, Coulter CytoFLEX, CytoFLEX LX, an IntelliCyt iOue Screening System and an Amnis Image Stream Imaging Cytometer.
This position requires a minimum of a BS degree and 10+ years of experience. The candidate should have at least 5+ years of cytometry experience, ideally management experience. Additional requirements include:
- Knowledge of advance FACS principles
- Have a wide variety of flow cytometry experience.
- Previous experience operating a cell sorters and analyzers.
- Requires strong analytical problem solving experience.
- Experience with tissue culture helpful.
- Must be flexible and willing to perform flow cytometric duties that expedite and support scientific staff's flow cytometric goals and objectives.
- Ability to work alone or in a team environment.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills.
Level will be commensurate with experience
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.