We are searching for a DNA scientist that will help Twist develop next-generation DNA synthesis technology based on active semiconductor chips. This position will work with the silicon and engineering teams to build nanoscale devices and processes for the synthesis of oligonucleotides on a massively parallel scale. The successful candidate will lead efforts to characterize oligo quality through development and implementation of testing protocols and will play a leading role in developing the oligo synthesis process from prototype to production stages. The candidate will also work closely with the engineering team to iterate on system design to improve overall reliability and performance. A strong background in organic chemistry and excellent communications and interpersonal skills are absolutely required.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Developing and implementing oligo testing protocols including hybridization of fluorescent probes, mass spectroscopy, and NGS
- Developing the chip-based oligonucleotide synthesis process and optimizing performance and reliability
- Scaling the process to higher levels of integration with each successive device generation
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience (5+ years) in organic chemistry
- Demonstrated success in developing complex chemical processes
- Experience characterizing oligonucleotides
- Strong data analysis skills
- Excellent grasp of experimental design
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of phosphoramidite chemistry
- Experience with fluorescence microscopy as a means of characterizing DNA
- Experience with mass spectroscopy or NGS
About Twist Bioscience
At Twist Bioscience, our expertise is accelerating science and innovation by leveraging the power of scale. We have developed a proprietary semiconductor-based synthetic DNA manufacturing process featuring a high throughput silicon platform capable of producing synthetic biology tools, including genes, oligonucleotide pools and variant libraries. Our platform overcomes the current inefficiencies of synthetic DNA production, and enables cost-effective, rapid, high-quality and high throughput synthetic gene production, which in turn, expedites the design, build, test cycle to enable personalized medicines, pharmaceuticals, sustainable chemical production, improved agriculture production, diagnostics, biodetection and data storage. For more information, please visit www.twistbioscience.com. Twist Bioscience is on Twitter. Sign up to follow our Twitter feed @TwistBioscience at https://twitter.com/TwistBioscience.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.