We are searching for a data scientist that will help build, maintain, and extract value from Twist’s data. This position will work closely with operations, bioinformatics, and informatics, to ensure that all relevant data is captured and annotated correctly; integrated seamlessly into our data reservoir and analytics database; and analyzed in depth to bring to light insights that will help improve Twist’s operations. The successful candidate, first and foremost, will have a background in molecular biology and a strong understanding of synthetic biology, sequencing, and bench science. This position, however, will focus on data management and analysis rather than bench work. Longer-term expansion into analysis of the commercial side of Twist will be an option. Strong communications and interpersonal skills are absolutely required.
- Performing investigations to identify problems or inefficiencies in our process, and suggesting actions to improve operations
- Establishing data capture streams
- Helping to build and maintain Twist’s data reservoir through curation, metadata capture, parsing, and custom scripting
- Working with R&D, Bioinformatics, and informatics to define data analysis methods and metrics that track quality, with an emphasis on NGS sequencing
- Working with operations to set up and monitor the day-to-day data tracking in our lab.
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience (5+ years) in molecular biology or related field
- Strong technical knowledge of synthetic biology techniques such as PCA, DNA assembly, cloning, next-gen sequencing, etc.
- Scripting/Programming: working knowledge of Python, R, SQL, or equivalent
- Strong statistics and data analysis skills
- Excellent grasp of experimental design and data interpretation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with DNA synthesis
- Experience with databases – postgres, redshift, and mongoDB preferred
- Experience with LIMS systems
About Twist Bioscience
At Twist Bioscience, our expertise is accelerating science and innovation by leveraging the power of scale. We have developed a proprietary semiconductor-based synthetic DNA manufacturing process featuring a high throughput silicon platform capable of producing synthetic biology tools, including genes, oligonucleotide pools and variant libraries. Our platform overcomes the current inefficiencies of synthetic DNA production, and enables cost-effective, rapid, high-quality and high throughput synthetic gene production, which in turn, expedites the design, build, test cycle to enable personalized medicines, pharmaceuticals, sustainable chemical production, improved agriculture production, diagnostics, biodetection and data storage. For more information, please visit www.twistbioscience.com. Twist Bioscience is on Twitter. Sign up to follow our Twitter feed @TwistBioscience at https://twitter.com/TwistBioscience.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.