Director, Strategic Marketing
Cybrexa is developing a new generation of small molecule cancer therapeutics which are directly targeted to the tumor microenvironment using a novel peptide-based technology developed by an internationally recognized research laboratory at Yale. The scientific co-founders are physician-scientists at Yale with extensive expertise in DNA repair, chemo/radiosensitizer development, translational research, and Phase I/II clinical trials in oncology. This venture is backed by investors with extensive experience in the biotechnology sector who have launched companies that have generated exit value in excess of $1 billion. We are a teamwork-driven, dynamic and energetic group, and we seek an individual for this position who shares our core philosophy of innovative, relentless and milestone-driven drug development.
Cybrexa is seeking a Director, Strategic Marketing to play a leadership role in executing our business and product development strategy including strategic growth opportunities, which may include alliances, partnerships, and M&A. This role will span the key functions of strategic marketing, business development and commercial market assessment and will report directly to the CEO.
Essential Job Functions and Duties
- Evaluate commercial opportunities for the company’s products and provide marketing/ commercial input based on disease/epidemiological and market data.
- Work closely with the development team to perform market analysis for the company’s pipeline products and establish the value proposition to make Go/No-Go decisions for development.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the external market environment of the oncology therapeutics industry that impact on areas of interest to the company including competition, regulatory, reimbursement and medical/clinical environments.
- Direct market research initiatives in support of launch strategies to better understand market landscape including competitor analysis
- Develop and maintain relationships with national and regional key opinion leaders
- Develop promotional and other collateral materials needed to support business development initiatives and efforts
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of the oncology therapeutics market and competitive environment, including deal activity and potential opportunities, is essential.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to evaluate deal alternatives as it relates to potential alliances and partnerships
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a highly dynamic environment and the ability to effectively deal with change.
- Advanced scientific degree attractive, with at least 15+ years of relevant industry experience in biotech/pharma; additional finance degree (e.g., MBA) is a plus
- Oncology knowledge required.
This position will be based in the Company’s New Haven, CT headquarters but will require travel as the needs of the business dictate.