Assoc. Director/Director Molecular Biology
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual to join our drug development team located at 1756 Cloverfield Blvd Santa Monica, CA. The qualified individual will have a strong background in recombinant antibody/protein cloning and engineering techniques and gene expression profiling enabling them to build and lead a Molecular Biology Group at TAE Life Sciences. The successful candidate will be responsible for vector design, vector construction and production, engineering and expression optimization of reagents for target validation, characterization and therapeutic development. These will include monoclonal antibodies (mAbs), mAb fragments and other recombinant proteins. In addition, RNA based expression profiling of cell lines and tissues will be required.
The successful individual will work in a collaborative environment with multiple functional teams including chemistry, conjugation, cell biology, assay development, protein production and purification and analytics. The ideal candidate will be a team player and should possess in-depth knowledge of state of the art molecular biology techniques including cloning, antibody and recombinant protein engineering production, expression optimization, antibody engineering and gene expression profiling techniques.
- Design and build a lead a Molecular Biology Cloning and Engineering lab in and existing laboratory space.
- Lead the Molecular Biology group and manage day to day activities in the Molecular Biology lab.
- Cloning of recombinant antibodies and antibody fragments and other proteins.
- Development of recombinant antibody and protein expression vector systems and their optimization.
- Engineering of antibodies and antibody fragments, humanization, and expression optimization.
- Gene expression profiling from cell lines and tissues using state of the art techniques.
- Work collaboratively with other groups within the company providing cloning, engineering, vector development and expression support for expression of stable recombinant antibodies, antibody fragments and other potential drug delivery vehicles.
- Implementation of in vitro and in vivo Molecular Biology based assays as needed for monitoring biological and functional parameters of those aforementioned BNCT delivery agents.
- Serve as Molecular Biology lead or in collaborations with other companies, academics and CROs.
- Function efficiently and collaboratively in a team oriented environment.
- Contribute to drafting of patents, publications, and regulatory documents as needed.
- Stay up to date on literature and modern technical methods related to ongoing work responsibilities, general molecular biology and protein science, BNCT, and other relevant topics.
- Articulate issues and options for resolution to supervisor/upper management in a timely manner.
- Potential for supervisory role.
PhD with 3 years or BSc with at least 5 years of relevant academic or industry experience.
Strong background in molecular biology, cloning, or recombinant antibody/protein engineering.
In depth knowledge and experience in antibody and gene cloning, recombinant antibody/protein vector construction and expression and gene expression profiling.
Strong track record of achievement in molecular biology or protein-based biologic development leading to publications, patents, or advancement of therapeutic programs.
Excellent written and oral communication skills; enthusiasm, integrity, self-motivation, and ability to interact efficiently and cooperatively within a multi-disciplinary team