Senior Electrical Engineer
Based in Menlo Park, CA we are disruptive, transformative healthcare company working in the field of optogenetics to provide a new approach to medical treatments. Our award-winning technology has been described as the most promising medical advance of the 21st century. Due to continued company growth and product development we are looking to hire a Senior Electrical Engineer who will support the development of both implantable and external medical devices. You will design, develop and deploy real-time monitoring, embedded control systems, wireless communications and power delivery technologies to be used in our clinical devices and laboratory discovery tools in support of the Company’s strategic plan. The position will report to the Director of Software and Systems Engineering. We offer a compensation package commensurate with experience.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design of analog and digital circuits for microcontrollers, LED and semiconductor laser control, MICS, inductive power transfer, and sensing of electrophysiological and optical signals for clinical use
- Participate in collaborative definition of system architectures, design of experiments, brainstorming sessions, patent disclosures, and design reviews
- Design and build experimental apparatus and preclinical systems
- Support in-vivo preclinical testing and electrophysiological measurement
- Develop and implement design verification testing and fixtures
- Create and release design input and output documentation
- Support regulatory compliance testing
- Manage external consultants and work closely with key suppliers
- Contribute to our IP portfolio
- A collaborative, open nature
- Comfortable working within a small, focused, and agile team
- Experience designing and analyzing analog and digital circuits, feedback controllers, data converters, operational amplifiers, instrumentation amplifiers, power amplifiers, microcontrollers, wireless communication, and embedded hardware and software
- Experience with one of the common CAD software for schematic design and familiar with PCB layout
- Experience using circuit simulation using tools such as LTSpice
- Experience developing test methodologies, fixtures, protocols, and procedures
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years experience in medical product development
Knowledge and experience in the following is advantageous:
- Experience designing and implementing wireless power transfer systems
- Experience designing and implementing wireless communication systems
- Experience with UART, SPI, I2C.
- Experience with implantable medical devices
- Experience adhering to quality and safety standards such as IEC60601, ISO13485, ISO14708, ISO14971, and EN45502
Circuit Therapeutics, Inc. provides employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Circuit Therapeutics, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Circuit Therapeutics, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.