Scientific Content Manager
Eurofins DiscoverX is a global leader in providing innovative solutions and services to support drug discovery and development. Our portfolio includes profiling and screening services as well as a broad range of products including reagents and cell-based assay kits spanning three business divisions. The BioMAP division supports the BioMAP platform, an innovative, powerful and fully human in vitro phenotypic profiling platform that provides translational biology information and insights for drug discovery programs.
We are seeking a creative, innovative and detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Scientific Content Manager and support the BioMAP platform by providing technical expertise in creating and managing strategic scientific content (case studies, white papers, publications, presentations, etc.). This position will work cross functionally to provide alliance management and commercial support to drive commercial growth.
Scientific Content Manager responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Spearhead the generation of high-quality scientific communication materials (white papers, case studies, presentations, posters and publications) in collaboration with our global scientific and commercial teams.
- Develop and manage a database of scientific and technical content.
- Support/review outgoing communications containing scientific content for accuracy and strategic alignment.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to develop a publication strategy and tactical communication plan including a scientific communication platform.
- Proficiently master and apply product knowledge; serve as a subject matter expert for the BioMAP platform.
- Address gaps in service capabilities and coordinate proof-of-concept/validation studies to ensure alignment with customer/market needs.
- Be responsive to a global client-base. As such, off-hours availability is occasionally required to conduct business during non-USA clients’ normal business hours.
- Periodically travel (domestic and international), to prospective or current client companies to present to, interact with, and advise personnel, attend relevant scientific meetings.
- Maintain current working knowledge of drug discovery and development processes.
- Advise and make recommendations regarding changes in phenotypic services, products, client support structures, and processes.
- Work closely with Marketing and Business Development in the preparation of business plans for specific lines of service, including overall strategic aims as well as tactical components of the sales and marketing plan.
- Contribute to BioMAP growth initiatives, including development of new products and services, input to marketing plans and initiatives including website content and scientific marketing materials (e.g., white papers, symposia presentations, etc.).
- Provide perspective on portfolio management as it relates to operational alignment and coordination of individual service lines.
- Demonstrate and promotes the company vision.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Conduct all activities in a safe and efficient manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Specific background in inflammation or oncology research
- Experience in pharmaceutical drug discovery
- Proficiency in writing and developing scientific content
- In-depth knowledge of cellular and disease biology as well as PDD competitor information
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Ability to read, interpret, and convey complex scientific information
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills and exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn sales and marketing support software and enter data and reports in a Client Relationship Management (CRM) database
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment towards a common goal
- Ability to learn and utilize research and bioinformatics tools
- Ability to learn and utilize pricing tools
- Demonstrated results orientation and problem solving skills in a complex and matrixed environment and in complex situations
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Applicant must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ph.D. in an appropriate discipline and/or a minimum of five years’ experience in scientific communications
- Proven research publication record is required
- Experience in outsourcing of scientific experimentation, either as a client or provider is required
- Proven track record of delivering growth on new technologies
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of South San Francisco, CA are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins DiscoverX, please visit our website at www.discoverx.com
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofins.com
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.