Postdoctoral Position, Discovery Chemistry
A Postdoctoral Researcher position is available within the Discovery Chemistry team at miRagen. The candidate will be part of a multidisciplinary team working towards the development of next generation microRNA-based therapeutics. The primary responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Synthesis of novel monomers, linkers, phosphoramidites and bioconjugates
- Synthesis, purification and characterization of oligonucleotides containing novel modifications
- Analysis of synthesized compounds using NMR, spectrophotometric techniques, HPLC and mass spectrometry.
- Activity assessment of new compounds, through collaboration with the Biology/Pre-Clinical team.
- Evaluation and development of novel nucleic acid delivery technologies.
Suitable candidates will possess a PhD in chemistry, biochemistry, or related field with experience in nucleic acid, medicinal or heterocyclic chemistry, or equivalent. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have the ability to work effectively and communicate within a multi-disciplinary team.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Expertise in solution and solid phase synthesis of nucleic acids and nucleic acid conjugates.
- Demonstrated experience in the study of nucleic acid secondary structures and related biophysical methods is preferred but not mandatory.
- Analytical techniques including NMR, UV spectrophotometry, HPLC, mass spectrometry.
- Purification methods including flash chromatography and HPLC.
- Experience in multi-disciplinary collaborations.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Highly organized, good time-management and the ability to handle shifting priorities while maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking abilities.
- Solid computer skills required including familiarity with electronic lab notebook systems.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to successfully work and communicate within a multi-disciplinary team.