Sr. Research Associate, Protein Production & Process Development
aTyr Pharma is engaged in the discovery and development of innovative medicines using its knowledge of newly discovered pathways in immunology effected by extracellular tRNA synthetases. To date, aTyr has generated three innovative and unique development programs based on its knowledge of extracellular histidyl-tRNA synthetase (HARS), known as the Resokine pathway. aTyr’s two clinical-stage programs, ATYR1940 (Resolaris) and ATYR1923 (iMod.Fc), are agonists of the Resokine pathway designed to temper immune engagement in diseases characterized by excessive immune cell involvement in muscle and lung. aTyr’s third program, ORCA, represents a pre-clinical research program that targets a novel, proprietary immuno-oncology pathway using antibodies to enhance the immune response in tumor settings. aTyr has built an intellectual property estate, to protect its pipeline, comprising over 220 issued patents or allowed patent applications that are owned or exclusively licensed, including over 300 potential protein compositions derived from tRNA synthetase genes.. aTyr is publicly traded on Nasdaq under the symbol “LIFE”. For more information, please visit http://www.atyrpharma.com.
Patients and their challenges provide tremendous drive and meaning to what we do at aTyr. We seek a talented and successful individual that deeply desires to participate in our process to make medicines that change a patient’s life forever. The successful candidate will play an important role in the advancement of our current Physiocrine and antibody therapeutic product candidates into clinical development.
We are currently seeking a Senior Research Associate to join the Biologics Development and Manufacturing team. The successful candidate will perform protein production and process development activities to generate high quality proteins for research use, and support manufacturing process development for clinical candidates. Laboratory responsibilities include both upstream production, primarily with mammalian cell culture processes, and downstream protein purification.
Experience and Education Requirements
The role requires the ability to collaborate with colleagues in a cross-functional, intensely fast-paced team environment. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, resourceful, and flexible with the ability to handle rapidly changing objectives and timelines. Experience in an industrial lab focused on protein therapeutics discovery/development is also desired. Experience with scientific software (Excel, GraphPad Prism) is required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- BS with 5+ years of biopharmaceutical industry experience or equivalent
- Experience in development and execution of mammalian cell culture processes. Experience with microbial fermentation processes is a plus.
- Experience in development and execution of protein purification processes utilizing chromatography and filtration based technologies
- Experience in harvest, clarification, and recovery processes
- Knowledge of cGMP and regulatory requirements related to biologics manufacturing and controls
- Extremely detail-oriented and diligent in experimental design, data analysis and review
- Organized and able to execute multiple activities in parallel
- High level of motivation and initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work well in a dynamic, high energy, fast-paced team and collaborate with cross-functional groups
Further Recruiting Information
For additional information about aTyr Pharma, please visit our website at www.atyrpharma.com.
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter referencing job #137YB to email@example.com. aTyr Pharma, Inc. is an EEO employer.